Genuine Vietnam M16 slings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Vietnam M16 slings?

Anyone know a source for genuine (or good copy) Vietnam era M16 slings? Were they OD or black? I've seen so may variations claiming to be the real deal.

Re: Genuine Vietnam M16 slings?

green matey

this has been my online bible for Vn research, great site

http://david.brubakers.us/Vietnam/index.html

Comment

I know AGM make one, I don't think it's going to be of GREAT quality, but they'll be ok ish. I have no idea where to get them, but perhaps a quick google might help.

Edit: Damn, beat me to it... With better intel! I hate you :P joke mate

Comment

lol, its cool mate! that sites brilliant! but its cost me a bloody fortune! working down the list, i'm like "oh, want one, oh, and that, and that, and two of those.... one of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
          lol, its cool mate! that sites brilliant! but its cost me a bloody fortune! working down the list, i'm like "oh, want one, oh, and that, and that, and two of those.... one of them..."
          It's going that way already! :eek:

Thanks all.

Comment

If you search for M16 on SOF you should be able to find lots of nam period M16 accessories.

Comment

Late WW2 and Korean Garand slings are exactly the same as the early Nam M16 slings-Green web cotton.I believe there was a late sling of the same style/design made of Nylon but ive never seen one.

Would expect to pay anything from £5-£10 for a nice original-anything more than £10 is a rip off.

SOF as usual are too expensive at £15 AV956 and to be honest not seen one of theirs to comment if original or repro.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                green matey

this has been my online bible for Vn research, great site

http://david.brubakers.us/Vietnam/index.html

Quite a good site but as with most sites(just had a quick look/browse)there are some errors and some omissions so while an excellent site do not take everything on various sites as gospel

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Mcann View Post
                  Late WW2 and Korean Garand slings are exactly the same as the early Nam M16 slings-Green web cotton.I believe there was a late sling of the same style/design made of Nylon but ive never seen one.

ive had several of the proper green nylon sling got 3 on my guns
                  Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Originally posted by phil View Post
                    ive had several of the proper green nylon sling got 3 on my guns

Any chance of a pic of a Nylon one by any chance?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Mcann View Post
                      Any chance of a pic of a Nylon one by any chance?

Thanks

sling is a little darker than this as i had to flash it....note a seam running the entire length, and metal work almost the same as the very late issue M1 / M14 slings
                      Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Originally posted by phil View Post

sling is a little darker than this as i had to flash it....note a seam running the entire length, and metal work almost the same as the very late issue M1 / M14 slings
                        Nice one-Thanks for the pic.

I have a couple of WW2,Korean and Nam period M1,M14,M16 cotton slings and are all pretty much exactly the same except the metal sliding keeper on the WW2 one has a smooth underside.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                        Working...
                        X