French Loadout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Loadout?

Due in large part to a now long running joke between myself and a few mates who play airsoft i'm going to go for a slightly unusual French Loadout. With a bit of research into the area i've found what seems to be the current (and fairly unimpressive) BDU of the French army. Obviously a FAMAS would appear to be a given (Anyone selling one in good condition please PM me). I am however seeking anyone who would have any information re GIGN gear or the style of assault rigs the french army are likely to use. Also if there are any FAMAS experts out there who would happen to know what i will need to fix a red dot to one. Finally i'm seeking French flags patches etc.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 27 July, 2009, 13:27. Reason: inflammatory, this is a multinational site

Re: French Loadout?

Ive looked into somethign liek this a few times, from what i grasp youll need CCE camo, I believe there is a CCE tac. vest which is available from various suppliers or there is a kind of FAMAS webbing available-have a look around a famous auction site for some of that.
    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

lame beat me to the "a white flag" comment.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Yeah, very helpful...

I don't think he was asking for silly comments.

Anyway.

I know the french army use this:

Comment

auction site mete, a boatload of kit on there, or google USMCPRO they do a some frecnh kit, beret badges ect,ect

Comment

Thanks all, helpful so far. As best i can tell GIGN is a bit of a waste of time, basically it'd simply be SWAT kit with a GIGN badge. CCE hunt is on the way now and not going too badly

Comment

try replicatin the french special forces the "Deep penetration unit" im not joking btw

Comment

Originally posted by boom headshot View Post
                try replicatin the french special forces the "Deep penetration unit" im not joking btw
                ... REALLY!?!

Comment

pm Nabil.......he served in the french army
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 27 July, 2009, 13:21.
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Heres a pic illustrating the rail adapter thats mounts on the carrying handle.

Careful using flags and such if youre going for a realistic loadout, deployed infantry mostly won't use the french national flag (full color), but you should apply unit patches instead.

As for BDUs, CE or french woodland is probably the most common, based on US woodland. Their desert pattern is similar to the US 3 colour desert if youre interested. There is a new camo scheme, but I can't remember for the life of me what its called, google is your friend here.
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 27 July, 2009, 13:21.

Comment

If you're after a sniper role, the French Army uses the PSg1.

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                        If you're after a sniper role, the French Army uses the PSg1.
                        PSG1s are in very limited use, but you could get away with using one. They actually use the FR F2 as their light sniper rifle.

Para units use glocks, so if you have one it wouldn't look out of place but any old M92f would do just fine. SF troops use M4s and C8s. And the standard LMG is the FN Minimi, so all pretty common stuff and available in airsoft form

Comment

Keeper of Secrets once 'pimped out' (god i hate that phrase) his FAMAS, if you ask him nicely he might be able to tell you how to do the same to yours.
                          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Good stuff thanks guys. I'll probably be sticking to the FAMAS rather than going down the sniper/support/spec ops line purley because i can't help but feel it'll be the main identifying feature of a French loadout. Will possibly wait till i get my hands on a FAMAS before attempting to mount the red dot having checked my bank balance but i'll certainly try track down keeper and Nabil for some input.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ian-L Find out more about Ian-L
                            Working...
                            X