G&G UMP or Ares UMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G UMP or Ares UMP

i want to know what you guys think is better of the above.
    Ares
    46.88%
    G&G
    53.13%
    "Ghost.... Get in my box"

TRADER FEEDBACK http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...ghlight=mad212

Re: G&G UMP or Ares UMP

go for double eagle and save yourself a hat full of cash. Its a G+G clone, and I loved mine.

Comment

Ares. Better trademarks.

Comment

ares make awesome ump's if your into trademarks but id probably still get the g&g ump. the g&g plastic, looks nicer somehow in my opinion.

Comment

I've owned both of them at some point.

Internally they're very simliar quality. I'd trust G&G slightly over STAR, but that's just my opinion. The G&G has a functioning bolt catch. It doesnt lockback after the last shot or blowback or anything like that, but if you pull back the charging handle and press on the bolt catch, the dust cover stays open until you hit the catch again. A cool feature.

On the STAR one, the bolt charging handle is a dummy, it doesn't work or slide back and forward, which is annoying (there is a Version 3 gun that does have one, but the V1/2s don't). However, the STAR mags have authenticated dummy rounds, and the G&G ones don't. I don't know if they are compatible.

I think the STAR one has a muzzle thread, the G&G one doesn't, but there is a QD silencer readily available that fits it.

Yes the STAR has trademarks, but they say "Hacklor and Kach" (I think). They're wrong anyway.

Comment

I'd go with the Double Eagle G&G clone, internals are better than the G&G one, externals are good and mine has an accurate range on it that makes PTW owners cry.
            Originally posted by tackle
            For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Ares, i love my UMP.

Comment

ares oh and dont listen to hunter stay away from DE
                Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

I have a double Eagle, and altho it fires great and such, you can only use DE high caps and no others. i would say for for ARES

Comment

G&G All the way.

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
                      I'd go with the Double Eagle G&G clone, internals are better than the G&G one, externals are good and mine has an accurate range on it that makes PTW owners cry.
                      Indeed.

but choosing between G&G and ARES is like asking which worn smooth old nail you like TBH.
                      G&G are chronicly poor in QC and ARES ahve their issues too - I've heard of a shop slashing their prices to shift them (said shop will remain namless but it's not Z1)

Comment

Got the G&G version and it's been the best thing I have bought. If you get a decent battery the ROF is ok and the accuracy is good. The silencer on the G&G is the best I have seen about. Although expensive.

Not fired the DE version but seen a few about. The DE high caps work on the G&G version.
                        Who Dares Wins.

Comment

how about body? i'm in the same pickle, is there much diffirence between G&G and ares, i'm leaning towards G&G cos of the internals, but is the ares MUCH nicer? i mean, noticabley diffirent?

Comment

I would stay away from the double eagle because i compared my G&G one to it and the quality and finish of the plastic on the DE one is poor. yes you will save yourself some money and yes it does shoot little white things but if you want a gun where you get soem credability get th eG&G.

What i did to mine was swap the G&G motor for a CA one which dramaticly increaded the ROF and then brought one of the actual G&G silencers for it And finaly put some bearings in the geabox and OMG what a differance, the ROF was awsome on and 8.4 (you will struggle to get a standard 9.6v battery in unless you buy the proper G&G batteries which i think Z1 sells) and due to the silencer it was actually quieter (im not really a fan of silencers btu this is a gun that needs one!)

I had the same issue as you (G&G or star????) and i went for the G&G one. although the fake bullets in the star mag look good iv herd thats the only good thing going for it.
                            Trader Feed back: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33754

08 Systema PTW
                            KSC USP compact
                            G&P M4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mad212 Find out more about mad212
                            Working...
                            X