X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy-W
    replied
    haha, yes sorry mate my keyboard on the lapton is horrendous :P
    as per the security your right I have said too much already and I shall shut up.
    But I havnt given anything crucial away, especially where I live, so Im ok I think
    thanks all, but back on point they are deffonately using multicam, but it seemed like they were wearing um, the camo from black hawk down, Choc chip thats it, yes they had updated sort of choc chip camo trousers and jackes. The gear was very impressive but it was SF stuf so I suppose it would be.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 5 August, 2009, 21:59.

Leave a comment:

• spetsnazdave87
    replied
    Re: Multicam in service

Ive got less issues with him knowing the son of an SF operator than his spelling... the english student inside me died a little reading that

Leave a comment:

• nice_guy_andy
    replied

Originally posted by Guy-W View Post
    I obviously havnt signed it but that is becuase Im a 14 year old school kid, wth a friend who'se dad isn the smash, he has so sign ut one of the conditions of his family letting e know about was to never utter his name or where they lived. I will not break that promise, and yes people in the smah don't seem to be as, well seem to not follow the rules like a standard soldier would, I mean Imso jealous as he gets issue stuff for my friend, such as the serpa CQC holster, and the boots.
    I mean when I ws over his house he has a present of his dad which is an already fired disposable law, which is rather nice to say the least :P
    and the just seem so casual about they're jobs, for instance we were in is car driving to go hill walking and I loked down under the driver seat there was a empty sig magazine, which we told him about and he goes "oh I'vebeen lookng for tha, I started to think I left it at your grandparents house" lol
    and so to answer the question the dont seem to botherd he just took a paint round and shuved it into hispocket and gave it tome aftrwards.
    Lol thats ws quite a mouthfull, I hope that helps describe the smash ina nutshell.

oh yeah they seem to call thwmselves that "The smash"
    Yes okay mate that answers my questions. Lucky you knowing a friends father is a SF soldier.

If I were you, I wouldnt go on about it too much more. More for their security than to stop people giving you sh*t about it.

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• FryFubar
    replied

Polish multicam copy, not the original but pretty close:

Non-military shooter:

Unknown multicam wearer, but possibily 173rd Airborne BCT:

ODA/Delta operatives and marines:

Look out for multicam pictures in the future, 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team has been authorised to use multicam, so photos of multicam US personel should become more common.

Leave a comment:

• Fizzy
    replied

Originally posted by Tack View Post
    I did use google, but as with any search engine, it will only search words not context.

typing google is your friend is a very unhelpful reply. But as The Pope posted that rather nice piccy, that was very helpful.

ty nice guy andy for the other link. Sleeper fan by any chance?
    Thing is with Pope's pic, is that it isn't Multicam in service, rather a pic from some trials that were run

Leave a comment:

• Caveira
    replied

I can second that about relaxed attitudes to kit. I've got a dive light and a gortex smock that were given to me by a guy I know in the SBS, as he didn't need them at the time and couldn't be bothered to return them.

Leave a comment:

• Guy-W
    replied

I obviously havnt signed it but that is becuase Im a 14 year old school kid, wth a friend who'se dad isn the smash, he has so sign ut one of the conditions of his family letting e know about was to never utter his name or where they lived. I will not break that promise, and yes people in the smah don't seem to be as, well seem to not follow the rules like a standard soldier would, I mean Imso jealous as he gets issue stuff for my friend, such as the serpa CQC holster, and the boots.
    I mean when I ws over his house he has a present of his dad which is an already fired disposable law, which is rather nice to say the least :P
    and the just seem so casual about they're jobs, for instance we were in is car driving to go hill walking and I loked down under the driver seat there was a empty sig magazine, which we told him about and he goes "oh I'vebeen lookng for tha, I started to think I left it at your grandparents house" lol
    and so to answer the question the dont seem to botherd he just took a paint round and shuved it into hispocket and gave it tome aftrwards.
    Lol thats ws quite a mouthfull, I hope that helps describe the smash ina nutshell.

oh yeah they seem to call thwmselves that "The smash"

Leave a comment:

• nice_guy_andy
    replied

and I took home a souvenir paint round :P
    I have a problem with this, what do you mean by souvenier? Was it given to you or did you lift it?

After leaving a Military training area or a range you have to give a declaration along the lines of:
    "I have no live rounds, blank rounds, empty cases, pyrotechnics or parts thereof in my possesion, SIR!"

A paint round would still be classed as ammunition, Im sure it would then fit under a declaration like the one above.

A friend of mines son was flapping a little bit when he came home with TWO boxes of blank after he had already given the declartion to his supervising officer when comeing off a training area as it is a chargable offence (cant remember exactly what it is under Military law other that theft).

The two boxes of blank got handed in to a local TA centre and no questions were asked due to the amnesty box they have outside armouries.

With regards to the Official Secrets Act (sworn secrecy to the Queen), have you actually signed it?

crescent Hill or Credenhill?

Im not having a pop, I'm only asking some questions. Your friends dad may well be in the "Regiment".
    Last edited by nice_guy_andy; 3 August, 2009, 16:34. Reason: spellings

Leave a comment:

• Withard
    replied

I could believe it. Some people have problems however.

Leave a comment:

• Guy-W
    replied

I find it funny that I am getting loads of people pm'ng me saying I'm a liar lol, if only I could prove it but it is sworn secrecy to the queen, I'd be betraying my promise to a friend and his awesome family.

Leave a comment:

• omgitzjamiiee
    replied

its a shame the army cant afford multi cam I wish this country would actually put our money to good use.
    the MOD are bel****s! if they had better funding then maby they wouldnt have to try to reclaim compensation money!

Leave a comment:

• Guy-W
    replied

Yeah I no the SAS are deffonately using it, I have a friend who's dad is in the SAS, he took us rockclimbing in crescent Hill the SF base in hereford, whilst we were getting our harnesses me and my mate wondered away and started opening all the rifle boxes, deimoarcos, Barrets, sig 226's :eek: the works, and I took home a souvenir paint round :P
    any way getting to the point there was all this kit that the guys had just come back with and they had loads of multi cam hanging up on they're lockers, mostly platecarriers with molle pouches, multi cam backpacks and camelbaks, the works.
    Twas a fun day.
    its a shame the army cant afford multi cam I wish this country would actually put our money to good use.

Leave a comment:

• Tack
    replied

Excellent resource Jag, I see what you mean about the interior of the truck.
    Are you a member over there?

Leave a comment:

• jagillham
    replied

Check out multicamaddict.com for loads of pics, and some guys who take it a little too seriously.

I'm thinking about the 4x4 with MC upholstery I saw there! :D

Leave a comment:

• omgitzjamiiee
    replied

Originally posted by nice_guy_andy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA You really think the MOD can afford Multicam? It couldnt afford to give the guys on the ground in helmand, water and ammunition a few months back!
    maby crye precision could give the MOD a discount for bulk buy lol

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Tack Find out more about Tack
Working...
X