Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Multiple rifles

Evening Guys!
    I have a small problem! last time i went airsofting i took my L96 and my MP5 hoping to use them both during game! As my sniper being my primary weapon and my MP5 for back if i need to go into buildings etc!
    but i have a sling for my 96 and a 3 point sling for my MP5 ( though i have no idea if i'v done it properly! but i struggled to keep them both on me, take off the sniper and sling the mp5 etc! does anyone have an idea or tips on what to do?!
    I'm getting a pistol for the next scrim but having the Mp5 would obviously being a massive help!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: Working with Multiple rifles

just use the mp5 and pistol. unless your super keen on the l96?
    Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

try tightening the mp5 sling and when it comes to the l96 don't sling it one shoulder but across your back. when using the mp5 take it off and don't keep the sling around you
      Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

build a back pack sling
        it looks like a upside down Y and if you put QR tabs on the top you can bring it into action fast
        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

or 1 point sling for mp5.
          loop of bungee cord put both arms through it so its behind your head then attach mph via Karabiner under your master arm
          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

bad idea to use a full size mp5 really

would be better off with an mp5k for backup as it can be holstered
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

A weapons catch on your left side (if you're right handed) will stop the rifle slipping off your shoulder and for the MP5 a properly set up 3 point should hold the MP5 around your back pretty well.

You might be better off getting a pistol as a backup to the rifle tho as they are a lot easier to carry and swap to.
              In buildings you'll rarely need the extra firepower of an AEG unless you plan on holding the building and if that's the case why use the sniper in the first place?

Comment

new plan

MP7 - love mine and is a perfect sniper backup - very compact like a pistol - can be holstered either on the leg or you can put it on your back on your belt horizontally - doesnt get in the way lying down

then get a weapon catch for your rifle so you can sling it securly then whip the mp7 out - pull out the stock and get to work
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I'm sort of in your situation.

I never sling my mp5 when I'm sniping, I tend to carry both guns in my hands.

If I find a nice spot to snipe, I put the mp5 down next to me, so if things get nasty I've got it if I need it.

If I need to move, pick 'em both up, and quietly move on.

But if you're adament on using slings, I'd suggest keeping your Mp5 sling tight, when on your back. But not so tight it makes it difficult to take off.

Just remember not to over complicate things, I know from experience how tangled you can get from using a 3 point sling and a rifle on your back at the same time.

Keep it simple, and use your muscles. Makes things alot easier too.

I hope this has helped a little.

Comment

bungee cord?

Comment

i use a british army sling and have my gun slinged across my front and my gspec on a sling on my bak and if i get into trouble i put down my gspec and get my mp5 out

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                      Working...
                      X