• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you Snipe/Hide/Ambush in.

I find cover to be pretty useful.
    /9 out.

Comment

Tiger Stripes and some local veggietables stuck in the spare molle loops on the back of my hydration carrier. Or is I'm clubbing it glow sticks... Need to blend in with all the ecto'd ravers

I wear tactical elite super black stealth trainers so I dont sound like an elephant in CQB though. You'd be surprised how well you can get around if you dont make any sound
      SAVE OUR SPORT
      http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Comment

I use concealment netting that covers most of my upper body, my head, and half of my rifle. I've found it to be damn effective!!
          But it can get in the way and has a tendancy to snag... which is the only downside.

I'll get some pics when i have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
            I use concealment netting that covers most of my upper body, my head, and half of my rifle. I've found it to be damn effective!!
            But it can get in the way and has a tendancy to snag... which is the only downside.

I'll get some pics when i have them.
            aye has come in handy at times.

i tend to use the scenery. a bush, a ditch, a random placed camo net or any think else i can hide under, in, or behind. although cant beat a prickle bush who would ever think of looking for a sniper in there hey.:P

Comment

Talk about it twitchy (The prickle bushes)

If you can take the pain there will be a hell of alot of gain i can tell you now...*cough3hourscamconcealmentpractiseatjerseyca mpsearchteamhadtofindmecough*

aahhh good times

Long grass with the odd bush to get into is effective as well

Comment

aye cant beat a bit of pain i mean if the prickles dont get ya the bbs from your enemys assult rifle will.

Comment

Oh regarding ghillie suits while we are at it

You dont really need a full flipping big ass wookie suit, had a few army guys in today one of them was a sniper who worked with my lecturer back in the day (my lecturer Major Ennis was a sniper used the old style l42 Enfield sniper rifle..bless him lol )

The sniper payed particular attention to me today due to my antics in the bushes at jersey camp, he was talking to me about ghillie suits at one point and pointed out that your legs will not be seen if the ghillie suit from arse up to head is done properly and if you pick a good spot, only time you need wookie suits he said is if you are stalking a target who is constantly on the move, so a stop start routine, he said regarding burlap you dont need loads of it, too much is like having one block of colour on your head, the plant life is the most important aspect of the ghillie suit, move to a position, adapt your suit, take your shoot and move on if needs be, he advised several suits:

His personal favourite was actually a Arktis ghillie vest he said it was lightweight slips over your smocks and what not and if you take it off you dont lose a layer of warmth and vise versa in hotter climates, he cut his down to arse length and worked from there

Second choice was his sniper smock, sew a mesh netting onto it and then put burlap on it then the elastic straps for plant life

I think his 3rd choice was a light weight flight suit or giant mesh netting that you throw over your self for when you are stationary for long periods of time in a woods.

But yea a little tip for you from a guy who has experience, obviously this isnt what he said word for word it was like 5 hours ago now..honestly!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireKnife Huge Resi Fan Find out more about FireKnife
                  Working...
                  X