The best facial protection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best facial protection ?

Guys, I have been looking for a perfect head protection solution for a very very long time. So far, I have tried the following methods:

1. Meshed mask: Yeh, it doesn't frog up, but it's ugly! Plus, your angle of sight become restricted, and you can't see things clearly. Plus, your neck and ears are not protected (it's gona hurt a lot when you get shot in these positions!)

2. Paintball mask: clear vision, some even cover your ears, but they do frog up, even those with fans! The biggest drawback for paintball masks are that in fact you can't aim accurately with it (can't press your head closely on the gun, and you certainly won't be able to use t!he iron sight)

3. Shooting glasses: Clear vision, light weight, good quality ones do not frog up. Offers less facial protection (I am always worried about getting shot in the face with my shooting glasses!), and your teeth are not protected (powerfull bbs can chip off your teeth easily, I have seen that !)

4. Shooting glasses with helmet, scarf: My current loadout. Wrap the scarve around my mouth and ears and face and neck, stick my nose out. This method offers me adequate protection, the only drawback is that it is too hot in the summer to be going out skirmishing in these.

Guys, how do you protect yourself in the fierce airsoft combat? I am looking for a perfect solution to facial protection.

Re: The best facial protection ?

I absolutely love my current combo!

Bitter End Mesh Goggles... no restriction in vision as they are shades.

HeroShark custom face mask, carbon fibre, lots of holes to ensure good ventilation :D

Comment

Meshed google do reduce your sight a bit, and it takes some time to get used to it. On the plus side, it will never fog up, which would be handy for those who sweat a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by jsjpop View Post
        Meshed google do reduce your sight a bit, and it takes some time to get used to it. On the plus side, it will never fog up, which would be handy for those who sweat a lot.
        Prefer shooting glasses, if they fog I just use anti fogging sticks. Jobs a good'n.

Comment

Oakley RADAR FTW!
          Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Possibly the 'Tokyo Marui Pro Goggles Fan Ventilation Full Face Version'

I've just ordered one and will put it through a skirmish in the next few weeks and feedback
            TM M4 SOPMOD, TM AKS74U, CA SA58 Carbine, J&G SCAR L, G&P M4 Commando, || TM P90TR, J&G Skorpion || TM M3 Benelli M3 Shorty || TM High-Capa 5.1, Maruzen P99, KWC Glock 23F

Comment

Originally posted by ranski View Post
              Possibly the 'Tokyo Marui Pro Goggles Fan Ventilation Full Face Version'

I've just ordered one and will put it through a skirmish in the next few weeks and feedback
              would be much appreciate mate
              thanks

Comment

On certain auction site have a look item #350237231212

Comment

Theres also ACM coppies availible now for £25
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                    Theres also ACM coppies availible now for £25
                    But i think the fans are much noiser?
                    TM M4 SOPMOD, TM AKS74U, CA SA58 Carbine, J&G SCAR L, G&P M4 Commando, || TM P90TR, J&G Skorpion || TM M3 Benelli M3 Shorty || TM High-Capa 5.1, Maruzen P99, KWC Glock 23F

Comment

Ive never had that much bother with paintball masks, in fact Im about to purchase one of the Dye I3 masks quite soon. The fact that you cant use ironsights is quickly overcome by your ability to guage/guesstimate where the BBs will go from your shoulder. Obviously it wont be for all but its never bothered me that much and as for fogging it depends what mask you go for! Its also the same for the ironsights/aiming problem-if you buy say a JT Flex 8 mask you may have to use a red dot or something mounted on (lets say you have an M4A1) the carry handle to aim properly, however if you bought something like the empire e-vents mask which is quite low profile you may overcome the inability to aim as you would normally.

Anyways as it stands in my opinion the sheer protection a paintball mask gives is well worth any ironsighting drawbacks
                      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

I Myself use mesh goggles or glasses, the mesh ones are used when sniping when you cant afford to have a fog up or you will lose your shot. Combine this with either a shemagh or a half face mask and jobs a good 'en.

If you are worried about your teeth although it may sound stupid ask your dentist about mouth guards. Mine made me a custom one a few years ago for when i used to do rugby etc and they will be 10 times more comfy than the ones you get in sports shops as they actually mould them around your teeth. These would have to be paid for but for around 50 quid i think he charged its only the price of if you had to have a cap or whatever cos your tooth got chipped so all in all a bargain.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Hiyer fella
                          your best bet- in my eyes- is to get a meshed mask,But with fine mesh. This makes your vision much clearer and you'll never fog up
                          hope this helped :D

Comment

Id be wary of certain mesh masks. Ive seen more than one of the interwoven ones let a high FPS BB through, luckily no major injuries. If you want mesh, get punched steel instead.

Ive always had problems with goggles, theyre almost impossible to wear with a scarf to protect your face. They fog up like crazy, even with antifog stick.

Ive just recieved a fullface carbon fibre mask with punched steel mesh eyepieces. Im really happy with it so far, its getting its first skirmish on wednesday night.
                            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I am really intereted in a Shooting glass + half face cover.

Can anyone suggest a good half face cover that is comfortable and breadthable?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jsjpop Airsoft replaced my PS3/XBOX... Find out more about jsjpop
                              Working...
                              X