Gas Masks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas Masks?

Check if the Lens in it BS standard and if so what standard it is rated to, I forget at the moment but Bolle lenses etc are all rated to a specific impact standard, if the lens is rated the same you're good to go.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

cool, cheers mate
      il check BS standards,

Comment

BS EN 166/STANAG 2920 - Ballistic Resistant to 177 m/s (637 km/h)
        is the standard that Bolle x800 goggles are proofed to. If they're checked out to them they're probably safe to wear.
        Originally posted by tackle
        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

look at ANSI standards as well if there isnt a BS EN

Comment

To make an S10 easier to breath in, take off the Primary speech Module (round bit on the front) then remove the small rubber outlet valve underneath,

This will mean you breath straight through the front rather than through the filter, but it can cause fogging of the lenses so will probably work better with mesh lenses
            TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

I got heroshark to put mesh lenses onto my GP-5. All you need to do is remove the rubber pieces that make the mask sealed and prevent air from going inside the part you exhale from.

I skirmished with a real unmodified filter installed. It was hot, but I could still aim and breath, so I manned up and wore it that whole (hot summer's) day.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

From my experience with playing around with the GP-5, any compulsion to look around (other than directly foreward) results in a *thump* as the Filter hits the side of my rifle. How did you get around this, Kamarov?

I was thinking that it would be easier to use if i bought one of those extension-tube-thingys, so the filter wouldnt be all up in my grill! Cheers

Comment

I've had the lenses in my S10 gas mask replaced with balistic grade plastics, keeps a airtight fit.

It's up to you if you want to mesh the mask, which is a good idea and a bad idea, I still don't like the idea of something breaking up when it hits the mesh.

You could always just "do it" the way your supposed to do it and just put up with the heat and the mask being the way it's designed too, I used it in a game when we had to run through a field of smokes. I'm glad I didn't alter mine!! lol

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Mmm, its a good point about the smoke screen, i guess thats the perfect time to have a gas mask.

Anyway, i think having more than 1 set would be a good idea, mesh inserts and ballistic plastic inserts.

cheers for the tips

Comment

my mate came back on leave from the RAF and had an S10 with him, i went on a bike ride with it and it didnt fog up!!! normaly anything fogs when its near my face,

not used them it a game, might be hard to shout if needed

Comment

Ive used a czech m10 all day in a intense CQB day and you need the filters in it or it fogs up however i got along with it just fine, took it off occasional for some air n water because lets be real here i aint gonna wear it start to finish even when im not playing, but i didnt wheeze, didnt start coughing or getting out of breathe quickly, overall very comfortable mask to wear.

Comment

the S10 doesnt fog up as it has a inner mask...

it doesnt let the air go anywhere near your eyes!!

if you put it on, and look at your face, your notices there is rubber all up agaisnt your cheeks!!
                          FOR SALE
                          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                            the S10 doesnt fog up as it has a inner mask...

it doesnt let the air go anywhere near your eyes!!

if you put it on, and look at your face, your notices there is rubber all up agaisnt your cheeks!!
                            ah, ok... maybe i will have to look into them in that case.
                            however, i dont find s10's that good looking, i prefer the german m65, is it the same deal with that?

Comment

im not sure.... sorry!!

how can you not like the S10!!??!?!
                              FOR SALE
                              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                                im not sure.... sorry!!

how can you not like the S10!!??!?!
                                i dont know, i think its like M4's, they are everywhere.

and im a player of brink and the m65 is on there, so im kind of bias,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                                Working...
                                X