Beginner equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner equipment

What would I have to buy for Regular Woodland Skirmishes?

A Tac-Vest would be good but just TOO MUCH MONEY for me at the moment.

A full Face Mesh Goggle mask is What i'm After Face wise, Are they Reccomended?

If I were to get a tac-vest I would need to store...

1-3 mags (JG Aug A3)
    Maybe a Pistol (My GBB Broke)
    maybe a tube of say... 5500 Rounds with speedloader (To Re-fill mags if I must)
    Supplies eg. water (Incase I Get Thirsty, I DO get Thirsty

I am only 13 (14 in mid December) so it would be a small-Medium Size.

Should I not buy one untill I'm a member of my Site?
    Last edited by xAlanAttackx; 10 August, 2009, 14:52. Reason: Spellings.

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Re: Beginner equipment

You should definetly get a MOLLE vest or rig of some sort. Well if your wanting to store that much plus you can chop and change the pouches.

Comment

Cheaper alternative to a vest, would be a belt system.

I used to wear vests, but now i'm completly sick of them - everything is on my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
        Cheaper alternative to a vest, would be a belt system.

I used to wear vests, but now i'm completly sick of them - everything is on my belt.
        Wow a Belt is a much better idea, Thanks.

my brother would laugh at me if I got a vest, but I could always take him airsofting and he would probably cry at the pain of a BB hitting his bare neck...

He's 15.

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Comment

Tac vest wise there's hundreds of possible options with varying amounts of pouches of umpteen sizes, internal/external pistol holsters (if they have one), radio pouches, kitchen sinks.. have a look at a few and decide which suits your needs best or matches the loadout you're adopting. If you arn't carrying alot you can even go without one and store mags etc in your pockets (if you're using S95's, the jackets have plenty large pockets so you shouldn't have to worry).
          If you're planning on packing a few bottles of water (2-3 litres) a hydration pack compatible vest may be worth considering along with a hydration pack/bladder but that'll add to the costs and isn't required as 500ml drinks bottles fit nicely into most jacket pockets, dump pouches or at a push can be stuck in spare mag pouches though they may stick out a bit (and probably wont fit in MP5 or P90 mag pouches).

As you're still in the younger group of players most (if not all) sites will require you to wear a full face mask, they'll usually rent one out to you, or you can find some suitable ones on auction sites and retailers like ZeroOne for not alot of money.

All you really need to enjoy yourself is the willingness to get a little dirty and be able to take a few hits, the rest can be hired (many sites will hire out overalls or vests along with weapons and masks)

Oh.. but do get a pair of suitable gloves, cold hand hits sting :P
          AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

for 30 quid you can get a saav (south african assault vest) made by viper. it stores up to 10 mags (more than most will bother with) and the double mag pouches on the left and the right dump pouches will easily fit a large bb bottle without it being too looase and dropping out. i bought this when i started and its still going strong. very impressed at the price and quality.
            TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

Originally posted by xAlanAttackx View Post
              What would I have to buy for Regular Woodland Skirmishes?

A Tac-Vest would be good but just TOO MUCH MONEY for me at the moment.

A full Face Mesh Goggle mask is What i'm After Face wise, Are they Reccomended?

If I were to get a tac-vest I would need to store...

1-3 mags (JG Aug A3)
              Maybe a Pistol (My GBB Broke)
              maybe a tube of say... 5500 Rounds with speedloader (To Re-fill mags if I must)
              Supplies eg. water (Incase I Get Thirsty, I DO get Thirsty

I am only 13 (14 in mid December) so it would be a small-Medium Size.

Should I not buy one untill I'm a member of my Site?

Have a look at the viper gear...

It's not military grade gear, but it's awsome for beginners. Will last you long enough

I started out with the Viper LA vest, good vest.

Comment

Originally posted by neverseemecoming View Post
                for 30 quid you can get a saav (south african assault vest) made by viper.
                good call, i managed to get one here for only £15 delivered
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Ebay is your friend. Look around and don't buy the first gucci piece of kit that catches your eye. Be patient, and the right bit of kit will turn up. My Flecktarn molle chest rig was almost new and only cost seven quid including postage. The bargains are out there.

Comment

I personally think viper gear is great. I have been using it for 2+ years now with no breakages or problems. My Old SAAV has started fraying in a couple of places but other than that its been brilliant, and there molle stuff seems great, does everything I need no questions asked!

Comment

If you dont have them already, you need a good pair of boots for woodland. I have magnum boots which I can recommend. My team mate used a pair of boots (not magnums) he picked up in an army surplus shop and they're doing him fine

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Originally posted by Enceladeus View Post
                        If you dont have them already, you need a good pair of boots for woodland. I have magnum boots which I can recommend. My team mate used a pair of boots (not magnums) he picked up in an army surplus shop and they're doing him fine
                        +1 on Magnums, I have some Spider Elites and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn :D

Comment

I use a Viper Vest good enough for what I need to carry, and I also wear Magnum boots (classics) ankle support is a must specially in woodland (I tend to trip over trees) I got DPM combats from a Army Surplus store and use a mesh mask until I can get my ESS goggles
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 11 August, 2009, 18:17.

Comment

Boots before anything else.

As is said at every Dragon Valley briefing, a good pair of boots will restrict a break into a sprain, a sprain into a twist and a twist into nothing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Magnum classics are excellent boots.

It's worth taking a look at some surplus issue boots aswell.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xAlanAttackx Find out more about xAlanAttackx
                              Working...
                              X