Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: oakley glasses

i wouldnt trust them they were shot with my 330fps p90 at 1-2 feet away

i hae a friend who sells oakley's, and only oakley's, and he swears by them, the fact you got shot from 2 feet away is isane, does you site not have a med (i think its called?) cause tbh i would go mad if some one shot me from that close at y fkin eyes, no matter what glasses i had on that day. as someone said they did there job and thank god for it too. or thank the oakley rep for the sound advise. shot them from 50ft away see what might happen and post the result?

Comment

Get a set of ESS glasses instead, a fraction of the price and a million times better. With Oakley all youre doing is paying extra for a designer label.

*awaits oakley fanboy rage backlash*

Comment

i also need new ones and awaiting my ess. i think they look smarter too. sorry if this is spamming but i right in thinking i can use the yellow lens on them in game?

Comment

You can use yellow lenses in game, however I wouldnt.

1) it doesnt really help much, even a little bit.
          2) I dont know if theres any truth to this, but Ive heard that the yellow lenses cause your pupils to dilate, and theyre not UV proof, so it lets a higher than normal amount of UV into your eyes, which prolonged exposure will cause all sorts of nasty things like cateracts, glaucoma and other nasties.

Comment

Oaklies are not ballistic rated to a standard thats safe for airsoft, EXCEPT for the military ones (cant remember the name) but i wouldnt trust wearing my brothers flackjackets or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
              Oaklies are not ballistic rated to a standard thats safe for airsoft, EXCEPT for the military ones (cant remember the name) but i wouldnt trust wearing my brothers flackjackets or anything.
              M frames?
              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Yeah thats them

Comment

so i have been miss informed very sorry for sounding like a know it all. can i ask are the ess goggles or glasses safe for airsoft? again sorry to the op but didn't see any point in starting another thread or trolling to find one

Comment

It's up to you but at gz all I know is that in the safety brief at the start they say all the posh expensive glasses won't stop a 500 feet per second sniper but it's up to you to take that risk but make sure your site allow them

Comment

I did a long search about this some time ago, wanted to know the same thing.
                      There are diferent rating for how strong they are.

Oakley glasses pass only the basic ANSI Z87.1

The Oakley SI Line (Standard Issue) Pass ANSI Z87.1 too but The Oakley SI M Frame surpasses ANSI Z87.1 Industrial Standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact protection.

Then you have the Oakley SI M Frame V2.0 and ESS Ice which Pass ANSI Z87.1 high-mass and high-velocity impact protection and also Mil Spec Standard, MIL-PRF-31013

So, what is the difference between ballistic high velocity testing MIL-PRF-31013 and the testing that is normally done in accordance with the industrial standard, ANSI Z87.1-2003?

So personally wouldn't use them, id rather have the higher grade glasses.

Hope this helps

Comment

It's choice. Im no oakley fanboy but i do like their range. I know a number of players at my local site swear by them and our site does allow them as ALL guns are limited to 328fps anyway. I have shot at my old oakley's from three feet away on full auto and it didn't do a damn thing so I trust them, just change them out very few years especially if they take a lot of hits. my new flak jackets haven't been field tested in anger yet but I trust them as much as my previous ones.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GH0ST NAME: Böse Arzt....... 2ic of the fallen angels, we are back from heaven Find out more about GH0ST
                        Working...
                        X