WW2 AXIS kit guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 AXIS kit guides

ok, i thought i would make it a different thread from the allied kit thread to make it less confusing.
    im not too good on axis like what divisions used what weapons and who didnt and so on but im ok on the kit

so lets start off with the 9th SS division

M40 helmet, m40 pattern tunic and trousers HBT “Erbsenmuster” (Dot 44) Pattern Tunic HBT “Erbsenmuster” (Dot 44) Pattern Trousers
    German lowboots
    Post-war Bundeswehr Gaiters

Webbing

Leather belt
    SS Belt Buckle
    2 x MP40 magazine pouches or get k98 pouches if applicable
    Leather yoke
    Bread bag
    Mess tins and strap
    Bayonet frog
    Gasmask Tin and straps

Weapons

Kar98 K / with or without ZF41 scope( can get mountaineer version)
    MP40
    MP44/STG44
    G43
    4”luger
    MG42 / MG34
    Panzerfaust/panzershreck

And so on… im not too hot on jerrie stuff but all the uniform looks like it should and please, if you realise I have got anything wrong please inform me
    just a quik piccie of some 9th SS div POWs,

Re: WW2 AXIS kit guides

A more generic infantryman (Heer) loadout would be Feldgrau or field grey uniform. Several variations of tunic M36 (green collar) M40 and 44. Field grey trousers held up with braces and usually a grey collarless shirt underneath. Boots would either be jackboots or low boots with gaiters. Stahlhelm, side cap or m43 peaked cap for headwear. A full set of field gear would have leather belt and Y straps, A frame with small bag, zeltbahn (poncho and tent quater) and mess tins, Gasmask tin and cape hanging independantly with a strap. From the belt would hang at the front two triple mag pouches, k98, mp40 or stg44. On the left rear was the entrenching tool and bayonet and on the right rear was a breadbag and a waterbottle. It sounds a lot, and it was, but the tunics had an in built suspension system with straps and wire hooks that came out of the jacket at waist height to help suspend the whole rig comfortably.
    Team Beans
    Delta 'till I Die"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

101stairborne-506 Find out more about 101stairborne-506
    Working...
    X