MK.6 helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK.6 helmet

Hi, Im looking at getting myself a MK.6 brit helmet to add to my infantry/RE impression. I have one lined up to buy but was just wondering how you set up the lining around the edge? I've been told its a car inner tube and wondering whether you simply wrap it round or whether theres a little more to it than that. Also wanting to know if theres anything else a standard brit helmet would have on it apart from simply the cover and lining.

All help appreciated,

Cheers.

Re: MK.6 helmet

its the top of an ncb boot cut off, a car innertube would work i think
    alot i have seen in pics, in afghan, have nvg mounts on them aswell but i dont know what type,

instead of the ncb boot rubber, you can use sniper tape which ive seen alot,

some pictures although i think this is mainly a para thing, have the foleage straps cut off and scrim attached to the helmet.

my suggestion is have a look around the mod images site and look at the helmets there to see what im talkin about
    Originally posted by Teddykiller
    I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Cheers, might go for the sniper tape approach, have seen it done, and I've got some of my own, though Im unsure which look I prefer.

Comment

NBC boot cut up(a waste of a boot),Black Duct tape can and are used but the easiest and simplest way is to cut an inner tube up and voila-job done.

Beauty with an inner tube is they can be had free from any garage(ask for a damaged one) and have many uses-can be used on German WW2 helmets as well as Vietnam early USMC helmets.

Comment

If your going for a RE, (Royal engineers?) don't go for the black ring.

I believe only para's have the ring, and a scrim net instead of a much bigger net n top.

Comment

why do the paras do the black ring?

Comment

i believe to help keep the cover on the helmet but not 100%
              Originally posted by Teddykiller
              I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

It was at one time a symbol of the Paras but now a lot of other units do it as its very practial for 2 reasons--

Have you ever tried to fit a brand new cover to a MK6(unless you buy one larger for the size of your helmet)??-They can be a nightmare to fit as the elastics keep making the cover ride up-Rubber band stops this and it also helps reduce wear to the edges of the cover itself from repeated contact with the ground when helmet is not worn.

Not restricted to Paras anymore.

Comment

shame..

That's one of the distinguishable features they had.

Comment

still know a para by the look of his lid though

Cheers for the replies, think I'll look into inner tubing for it (go ask at the garage down the road from me)

Comment

Originally posted by OrangecrushmkII View Post
                      still know a para by the look of his lid though )
                      You would have to get very up close and personal for that though mate

Comment

too easy......

Comment

lol, yeh, it used to be a "para" thing, but every tom richard and RLC copied them! I'd go for a simple cats eyes strap,

As for brit lids, go for a para lid, much lighter, and looks better than the bog standard bone dome!

(I have a large one I might part with, if a seller takes me up on an offer on his beta! )

Comment

i thought this was just to fix on covers that didnt fit properly?

surely you should just get a proper sized cover for your helmet?

great bit of kit but surely a bit excessive for airsoft? - a £3 ebay one would do the job.
                            they are a right bastard if you are trying to shoot prone.

mac
                            Originally posted by Coz
                            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                              they are a right bastard if you are trying to shoot prone.
                              +1 on that, especially if you are trying to look down a scope as the same time haha

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

OrangecrushmkII Find out more about OrangecrushmkII
                              Working...
                              X