Collapse

What do you put in your plate carriers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you put in your plate carriers?

@ Boo-Sabum Ben

At the moment without anything in it, the vest is a bit floppy and doesnt shape very well, so i wanted something to make it a bit more solid

Plus i like to feel like i look like a badass...
    : + Shock 'N' Awe + : : + Play 'N' Kill + :

Comment

eat more food:D

Comment

I have 1 and a half inch foam in the front and back of my Osprey vest, cut to the shape of the vest and looks brilliant, had a few comments from guys in the force asking if i've got the real plates in
        And in my warrior compact have some more foam inserts, just not quite as thick.
        B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Originally posted by Coneko XT-99 View Post
          @ Boo-Sabum Ben

At the moment without anything in it, the vest is a bit floppy and doesnt shape very well, so i wanted something to make it a bit more solid

Haha. What rig are you wearing? Body Dimensions? (feel free to tell me where to stick it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Coneko XT-99 View Post
            @ Boo-Sabum Ben

If you don't fancy my idea of "Jazz-mags" (some light reading inbetween games?) why not fill it with expanding foam from B&Q? That will make you look like the Incredible Hulk and trust me, when it sets, it's solid. Take a junior hacksaw to take the rig off at the end of the day though.
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Its a british osprey mk2(?) The one with the big pocket on the front and back. Inside it says size 180/104.

It doesnt fit too badly it just curves around a little too much and looks a bit empty.

I think X-ray is right, i just need to eat more :D
              : + Shock 'N' Awe + : : + Play 'N' Kill + :

Comment

plenty of push up to get that upper body bulky!

Comment

After reading this, kinda explains what those 2 grey rubbery matt things are i found in the box with my vest that i shoved in my cupboard 2 years ago not knowing what they were lol

Originally posted by Metalbody
                  pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I use a piece of hardboard cut to shape. It's more water resistant than cardboard, bendy (so it fits around your body) yet rigid and only £2.48 for a big sheet from B&Q.

It takes a few layers to bulk the compartment out properly, but it looks good if done right.

Comment

i found my vest way too floppy on the back as it molded to my back and kept riding up so ive got a thin piece of chipboard in mine to hold the shape. works brilliantly and actually helps my back pains :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coneko XT-99 Find out more about Coneko XT-99
                      Working...
                      X