Pouch sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pouch sizing

Okies looking at purchasing some new pouches and a rig and Im wondering if 7.62mm mags will fit in the open top or regular 5.56mm pouch? A reference pic below as to which pouch I mean:

Open top:

Closed top/Regular:

Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Re: Pouch sizing

You can squeeze on 7.62 (I used M14 mags) in each 5.56 double mag pouch. The 5.56 open tops only have space for one 5.56 mag, so they wont fit a 7.62.
    Last edited by amandla36; 22 August, 2009, 20:37.

Comment

You can get 7.62 open mag pouches

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Originally posted by Enceladeus View Post
        You can get 7.62 open mag pouches
        As the man says, you can get the 'regular' style in 7.62 as well. Is there any particular reason you are using 5.56 ones?

Comment

I assumed from the OP that he was buying 5.56 pouches for his 7.62 pouches especially, didn't make sense to me

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Ah thankyou chaps, I was looking to know because Im an AK user but Im after one of the warrior rigs so wanted to know if it was worth my while buying a vest with 5.56mm pouches on it already, I shant bother

Thanks again

Comment

Which rig were you looking at out of interest?

Comment

Was after either the TMV or one of the low profile boyos

Comment

On the warrior vests, you can get one AK mag into a double M4 mag pouch. They also sell ready open pouches for AK 47 magazines
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid_snake View Post
                    Was after either the TMV or one of the low profile boyos
                    Just for your info mate i just bought a warrior 901 elite chest rig. I chose the open top mags for my m4 and well im regretting it. They are so tight its ridiculous. You really have to really give it some to get the mag in/out. Certainly not user friendly. I only got it on Friday and will be calling on Monday to voice my concerns because those pouches to me are just not skirmishable. My friend has the same vest but with the regular closed pouches and well the mags fit snug but are easy to add/remove. I am going to get some of them.

Comment

same views as indie, my open mag pouches are unbelievably tight. though if they were elastic it would be much easier i think.
                      its difficult to get mags in and out. regular mag pouches are much easier.
                      Originally posted by fijitstiks
                      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                      Originally posted by N3ADS
                      Is this you talking from experience ?..
                      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I disagree, my open topped are fine, much better than the closed one IMO. Although I am using magpuls with them which makes them much easier to use

Comment

they shouldn't be tight - ive had open and closed warrior pouches and there is plenty of room
                          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

maybe theyve made new ones, and these are a tighter fit, but if you saw mine you wouldnt be saying theres plenty of room
                            they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                            Originally posted by N3ADS
                            Is this you talking from experience ?..
                            i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

When the pouches arrived they were rather flat which is understandable as they have been in storage. As with all pouches i thought after a bit of use they would open out. I have had my mags in them now since Friday evening and although they have now expanded to accomodate the mag it is still very tight to add/remove them. Certainly not a smooth process that ive experienced before with other mag pouches.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Liquid_snake Find out more about Liquid_snake
                              Working...
                              X