Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Marpat in woodland?

Hi All,
    Do you think desert marpat would work in woodland or would it be counter productive?
    Cheers
    sigpic

Re: Desert Marpat in woodland?

Desert camo can work surprisingly well in this time of year.

But to be honest, wear what you like. The ranges in airsoft are so small theyre gonna see you whatever you wear.

Comment

I find myself saying "Jesus I only posted this last week". People really weren't kidding when they told me it's posted a lot!

I'll also point out you should wear what you want regardless at the ranges you engage each other in, it's pretty redundant

Comment

what you wear is upto you, the kind of loadout your working with (if at all), and any other factors that i just cant think of.

But in answer to the original question, yes it can work in woodland as i use desert marpat myself, seansamurai can confirm it as well, as we ran a 2 man blackops team round a site on sunday, and hardly anybody remembers seeing me, even stood in the middle of a bloody track.

Reaver
        "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

R34V3R on here wore it and I was in US tricolor and black, the enemy team came within 10 meters of us and didnt see us, R34V3R was behind a tree (well more like a twig) and I was sat in the open and no one saw us.:D
          Put that down to either we blended or the other team were blind.:D

Lol ninjad by the very man.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm doing a USMC loadout
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
              I'm doing a USMC loadout
              Go for it mate, if you do it then do it well but dont worry about 'will I stand out' cos sometimes that just makes it a little more fun.
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm doing a USMC loadout
                ive seen a few pics in the "pics of your gear" thread that look really impressive, go check them out if you havent already (may have to scroll through a few pages), will have to get some of my loadout uploaded at somepoint.

and if you can, watch battle los angeles, some hardcore desert marpat action in there, but dont try and do an aaron eckhart loadout, it looks like he was turned into a charcoal briquette by the end of it.

Reaver

Comment

I'll list my kit that i'm looking into so you can give me constructive critism
                  Kit:
                  Genuine Desert Marpat shirt
                  Genuine Desert Marpat trousers
                  Tan boots
                  Revison Desert Locust Goggles
                  Tan Shemagh
                  Mich 2000 - Kryloned with brown and khaki krylon
                  Bulle Coyote Brown Plate carrier
                  Bulle Coyote Brown Mag pouches
                  Bulle Coyote Brown Hydration pouch
                  How does that sound?
                  sigpic

Comment

id probably drop the shemagh but thats personal preferrence, as for the rest, it sounds good to me and should work well.

Reaver

Comment

Sounding good to me, but Im no expert on USMC stuff as I tend to do more Tier 1/delta look (Or Taliban if Im feeling a little CERRRRAAAAZZZZYYYYY!!!!):D

Comment

I was just planning to have it around my neck and not on my face
                        sigpic

Comment

I was just planning to have it around my neck and not on my face
                          Get some Generation kill watched and look at how Rudy Reyes does it, he tends to use Shamaghs (albeit they dont wear Marpat but the look can be adjusted accordingly)

Comment

crappy pics, and not exactly woodland, but just an idea of the sort of gear i run with my desert marpat (though i do run a different rig entirely now). hope this helps.

Reaver

Comment

Will do, seeing though i've not bought any of this yet i'm open to suggestions
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jelliffe99 Find out more about Jelliffe99
                              Working...
                              X