Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LATCH or Mich 2001

Hi guys

Thinking about picking up a lid now payday has come, trying to decide whether to buy a mich 2001 or the latch (Ops core copy).

The latch is coming in at 80 quid all in but i've seen the mich on certain asian sites for silly cheap prices but with the rails or nvg mount.

What are the asian mich's like quality and fit wise? how much do you think it would cost for the added accesssories ?

Om another site people talked about the straps for the latch being a bit toilet is this true andhas anyone found a remedy or was it just more money paid out?

In baseball cap sizes i'm a 57/58cm how would this translate into helmet sizing ?

I know that some people are going to suggest just buying the ops core budget model but to be honest i'm not spending 200 quid on something that i might only use once in a blue moon.

Advice please people?
    Last edited by sickboy76; 30 July, 2011, 13:17. Reason: spelling

Re: LATCH or Mich 2001

Unless you buy a real helmet, all the copies are going to be made in China, even branded ones like Bulle or Viper.
    Either way, I've never had any problems with replica MICHs, and if they don't fit or the chinstrap is naff, you can easily just put new pads and straps in.
    I've also added a replica NVG plate to it, which required a bit of drilling but was otherwise painless. Usually, the shops that sell the helmet will also sell the various mounts, so have a look and tally up as you see fit.

Comment

I bought a copy of a MICH2001 from the bay for about £25.00 and its the best purchase i have ever done. they are comfy, come with pads to customise to your own liking and are nice and light. The last thing you want is a real kevlar or steel one, making your head bobble when looking around corners. They do the job and are a fraction of the price.

Comment

That depends if you value accuracy. I like my LATCH helmet but if you don't care about having an accurate ops core replica or anything then it's no biggy. I'd say the pads of the LATCH are great, the chinstrap is still lacking but far better than my chinese MICH. If you're going to be wearing Sordins or Comtacs then the LATCH is superior as well.

The pads & straps on the chinese MICH's might as well just go right in the bin and be replaced with real Gentex ones. You'll probably have to replace the velcro too. If it doesn't come with an NVG mount there's that on top.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
        Working...
        X