Helmet vs Hat for urban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet vs Hat for urban?

Hi there. Im currently debating the purchase of a mich 2000, and was wondering if anyone can give me advise on pros, cons, personal experiences. Im liking the idea of full head protection and partial ear coverage + the cool guy factor. Consider that im currently using a sansei mask but in about 2/3 a year am going to use ess v12s and a heroshark half mask. Btw as stated in the title, i play at fao the asylum and would like to have another go at the outpost ( lethal on a health and safety point of view). Thanks

Re: Helmet vs Hat for urban?

Helmets are good, I tend to hit my head on things a lot else (I'm 6'3"). I have an ACH, in size medium, which is a lot smaller than a medium Mk.6 British helmet, so be careful of sizing if you do get one.

Comment

tell you the truth...helmets are more practical but hats are more stylish and less expensive for the most partt

Comment

Depends entirely on your style of play and your needs.

Remember that although helmets look cool if done right, they're always going to be heavier than a cap.
        Nevertheless, a lightweight helmet such as a skating Protec or derivative is a good choice, offering bump protection if you fall, bash your head in a branch or get struck by the arsehole sniper who couldn't tell the difference between the minimum engagement distance and the length of his pecker.
        Also it looks cool.

I wear helmets, but I always keep a cap or bandanna on hand when it gets too hot or impractical, but most of the time I don't need it with my lightweight MICH and the Protec.

Comment

So they actually arent that bad comfort wise? Thats good to know

Comment

They're as comfortable as you make them to be, really. If you're not sure a helmet is right for you or not, best bet is to start off with something lightweight and practical, like a Protec (or one of its many copies). This will allow you to familiarise your bonce with the feel of a helmet without weighing you down, as they are lightweight and low profile. After a bit, you can then shop around for MICHs.

Comment

You could also try an IBH.

If you get a MICH/ACH I'd suggest looking for a real one.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but ive decided to leave it for now, until i actually get to wear one in game, as its just another thing to spend money on....

Comment

another thing to spend money on.....thats the whole point of airsoft, to waste untold money on stuff you dont actually need
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X