Advice on plate carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on plate carriers

Hi. Ive been considering getting a plate carier as i currently have a bulle mle, but am not quite happy with it. The plate carriers i like are the TMC 6094 and replica crye JPC. I wanted your opinions on what i should get. Im currently 5 foot 6 but expect to be 6 foot and i currently use a helikon camogrom field shirt and trousers. Not sure if i would have to get a combat shirt though, andi play urban and cqb. I need to carry a minimum of 7 m4 midcaps, bag 3000 bbs, water, 1 speed loader and 1 battery. Thanks guys

Re: Advice on plate carriers

WAS RICAS compact, and just add molle pouches as you see fit!

Comment

Flyye 6094 is very nice
      sigpic

Comment

Have a look at some of the Pantac plate carriers, one good thing about them is that they come in sizes; small, medium, large :D

I ordered one and it was supplied with loads of different pouches
        TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

I'm thinking of buying a Warrior RICAS from a certain UK-based tactical store. A lot of people say that the compact version fits well for everyone, unless you're massive. I'm 1.94 metre and about 90 kilos. I know, that may sound like a lot, but I've got just a normal posture.
          I mailed customer support and after I gave them my weight and length, they advised me to go for the normal RICAS. I checked some video reviews on the web, and I found this guy who looked pretty big, and he said he bought the compact version.
          Can someone please help me?
          Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

TBH, im really not interested in a ricas, even the compact version. Im only really interested in HSLD carriers, the crye JPC being a great example. BTW, im mainly looking for items under £60, and am mostly interested in the 2 vests listed. I just need to choose between the two. Sorry if im rambling ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tank View Post
              I'm thinking of buying a Warrior RICAS from a certain UK-based tactical store. A lot of people say that the compact version fits well for everyone, unless you're massive. I'm 1.94 metre and about 90 kilos. I know, that may sound like a lot, but I've got just a normal posture.
              I mailed customer support and after I gave them my weight and length, they advised me to go for the normal RICAS. I checked some video reviews on the web, and I found this guy who looked pretty big, and he said he bought the compact version.
              Can someone please help me?

Both will fit you, but the normal RICAS will extend further down. I am about 6'3 and roughly the same weight, and I use a compact (on it's smallest setting I might add)

Comment

Originally posted by cornishpotshot View Post
                Both will fit you, but the normal RICAS will extend further down. I am about 6'3 and roughly the same weight, and I use a compact (on it's smallest setting I might add)
                So, get a compact?
                Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

get the 6094

Comment

Thanks, but wouldnt it get alot hotter than the jpc, and thats what im leaning towards as i feel like the jpc has a better molle layout.

Comment

Originally posted by cornishpotshot View Post
                      You're inspired confidence in me that a RICAS compact will be OK on me as I'm 6ft

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

6094 is pretty light and small but still versatile enough to carry loads of stuff. while with the JPC you will be very limited in molle space.

put it this way seals are using 6094s over CIRAS's in afghan so they must be lighter and cooler (elementary :P)

plus with the 6094 you have a kangaroo pouch.

guys if he wants something light and wont get hot why reccomend the ricas's they are bloody ovens as soon as it gets over 15 degrees

Comment

Pantac HPC!

Comment

Thanks for some actual advice Murta, but i think im decided on the jpc and to be honest they have very similar amounts of molle space, and my kit will easily fit onto it. I dont like the way that the 6094 has full sides, and 8 rows of molle on the front instead of 6. Im trying to make as light and low profile a carrier as possible, seeing that im converting from a chestrig, which i found had too much room on it. I only need the bare minimum, and the more molle i have, the more tempted ill be to overload the rig.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                            X