Tan boots with DPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tan boots with DPM?

My old faithful walking boots have died (RIP) and I'm thinking of getting some replacements. I've been eying up the Oakley SI boots and I just wondered what people thoughts are on Tan boots with DPM's?

I've been looking through the pictures of your gear thread and nothing seems to ruin a good camo setup worse than a pair of Black boots. From what i've been seeing Tan boots actually blend in better (especially when muddy) that Blacks boots.

Worth mentioning I'm not going for any kind of faithful loadout, just whatever works for me.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Re: Tan boots with DPM?

Personal preference mate just saw a picture of American woodland which is just a copy of dpm in my eyes

and doesn't look bad to be honest

but id dirty them up.

i need new boots as well but black

Comment

hey mate i use british army tan desert boots with my dpm and they work a treat mate

Comment

Cheers for the heads up guys
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 1 September, 2009, 15:30. Reason: retailer removed
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

Comment

Are the oakley si boots water proof? mainly the black ones

Comment

Missed the Edit time.

Any recommendations on the 6 inch or 8 inch versions?

Comment

6 inch are mini boots, trousers will hang lower

8 inch you want

Comment

^^ too easy

Comment

8 inches it is (thats what she said, ha, you wouldn't think I was aged 21)

Although it's a close split between the Magnums Elite Spider Desert and the Oakley SI, any thought on which is better? Or the Converse Warrior. Fook me it's hard to choose.
                  Last edited by Another; 31 August, 2009, 21:56.

Comment

I keep hearing horror stories they fall apart, (any magnums) but its up to you, oakleys are cool in my opinion dont see much of them

Comment

The Converse Warrior boots are good. I've got a pair of the 8" non-composite toe version in tan. Had them for about 6 months and they are the best pair of boots I've owned. They are really comfortable and worth the money.
                      Rate a trader Link:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...hlight=subimp1

Comment

Magnum Desert Boots are better than the leather versions, got a pair in this house.
                        Converse boots with the side zip, comfy like trainers but then converse make trainers, also got a pair in this house.
                        Blackhawk WarriorWear, new boots & have just broken them in this weekend, good decent boots.

All Tan or Brown in colour & work well with DPM/Woodland BDU.

Comment

Cheers Andy, If you had to pick one pair over the rest?

Comment

i use the Oakley SI boots in tan, goes with all of my loadouts including DPM

they are also BLOODY comfy, they almost feel like trainers and do not restrict your movement like some leather ones do - dont hurt your feet if they bend while crouching too

ive found them to be quite weather resistant - sometimes wading through shallow muddy steams with no effect

they also look badass...
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

At the moment its the Blackhawks but if you choose them make sure you have either broken them in properly before going airsofting or tape up your heels or wear two pairs of socks to prevent them tearing chunks out of your feet..

I do love the Converse just for sheer comfort, plus the side zip means you dont have to untie them all the time.

The Magnums just seem to be rock solid but since I have to choose out of the three they would be last.

Oh by the way, dont excessively clean them, they look better with a bit of dirt on them. By all means dont leave lots of crud on your boots so when you walk around your house you have muddy bootprints everywhere, just knock the worst of them & leave them to dry. I wont be cleaning my Blackhawks from the weekender, my Converse boots are ragged with scars & scuffs all over them with a bit of dirt ground in from the use they have had.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Another Find out more about Another
                              Working...
                              X