Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for molle plate carrier

Hi,

I am looking for a good molle plate carrier in ranger green to go with CCE or ACU camo. I have take a look at the flyye vest (FAPC, 6094,...) and they are quite nice. What limit my choice is I need something in small size as my waistline is less than 80cm, and also not too heavy.
    I quite like the flyye force recon but I am affraid that it will be to heavy for me.
    I think the Molle Style PC could be good but I am wondering if it is possible to have some padded shoulders straps like the force recon.

Or do you have some other vest in mind which can fit?

Thanks.
    If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Re: Need advice for molle plate carrier

Have you considered the Flyye WSH? http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Artic...sp?ProdID=0329

It's lightweight, padded where it needs to be, and non-restrictive. Also comes with integrated mag-holding capabilities, saving you some dough.

If the shoulder padding isn't enough, you can always try wrapping seatbelt pads around the straps.

Comment

I don't really like the look of chest rig.

Comment

Look at some Pantac vests on a certain coloured wolf website.
        Some of their vests come in sizes, small/medium/large
        TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

If you want it for a ranger loadout either the Flyye PC or the Flyye "Force recon" vest land version (not the Maritime version you have selected) in RG are fine... The PC is a repro of the EPC with cumberbund/MBAV and the force recon vest is a repro of the eagle CIRAS. CIRAS' (having owned both a CIRAS and an EPC) are quite bulky and can get quite hot in summer, although the weight difference between the two once fully loaded with pouches hydration etc. isn't too noticeable. The Plate carrier can be given the shoulder pads on the CIRAS or MSAP shoulder pads as seen on my real steel EPC:

They are really comfy and I would recommend them! But you would have to hunt around on the Bay to find a pair...
          Personally I would go for the Flyye EPC as it's more up to date in terms of what rangers are currently wearing (obviously not flyye vests but the real steel equivalents), its lighter, more comfortable with pads and generally more versatile! All that said if you are patient you can get genuine EPC's quite cheaply on eBay... Just an idea...
          Nick

Comment

I'd definitely say the EPC if you're a skinnier bloke. The CIRAS is pretty bulky. Though have you considered something like an RRV?

Comment

I like the Ciras but like you said it is a bit too bulky.
              I was using that but even in minimum it is not adjusted.

So more likely this Flyye Plate Carrier in small then. I will perhaps wait after the weekender in case I can find some lads willing to let me try there PC.

Do you think there is a way to have an holster for a Glock 27 attached to this vest?

I like the front of the RRV but I'd like to have more cover on the side and the back. And I don't think they exist in small.

Comment

After some research I have seen that it is possible to add a back to the RRV.

The only question now is to know if it can fit me

Comment

Well you could attach a back plate or MAP to the RRV, or wear it over a PACA. I've taken to wearing chest rigs over a PACA because they just don't make tac gear in skinny people sizes.

I have an EPC in medium and it's too big for me, I would take it down for you to try but that's probably not possible, with 5 of us and our gear in a 7 seater it's going to be a squeeze as is.

Comment

Does Flyye do MAP as I couldn't find it. Think about adding that behind: MBSS Hydratation Backpack with the back plate. Or perhaps it can be fit without as it can hide my back and allow me to fasten more the RRV...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanbix View Post
                      I don't really like the look of chest rig.
                      The RRV is a chest rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingmann View Post
                        The RRV is a chest rig.
                        Well, yes but i like the look of this one with the back plate in place.
                        I tried a Flyye LT6094 and it is clearly too big.
                        The Force recon in medium i tried wasn't too big, so perhaps the PC in small size can fit me.

Need to get hold on a RRV and a small PC or Force Recon to make my choice...

Comment

I have a FSBE vest, loads of loops front and back and once strapped on it doesn't move. I use it without armour plates and it's nice and light too.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flanbix View Post
                            Does Flyye do MAP as I couldn't find it. Think about adding that behind: MBSS Hydratation Backpack with the back plate. Or perhaps it can be fit without as it can hide my back and allow me to fasten more the RRV...
                            Flyye make an RRV specific MAP that acts instead of a back plate as well as a backplate & traditional MAP. I can only find them in HK though.

Comment

Worth phoning said dealer as sometimes their site is not accurate for stocked items. For example they don't list any individual pouchs in black but called to enquire and they do sell a few different pouchs and they had what I wanted, well I'm hoping its what I want, a double 40mm grenade pouch that I hope my BFGs fit in and by the dimensions given to me they should. Plus their postage is cheaper if you ask for royal mail instead of courier!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Flanbix Find out more about Flanbix
                              Working...
                              X