Original H&K slings - Differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original H&K slings - Differences?

Hey guys. So I've been looking into getting an original H&K style sling for the MP5 to maintain the old school look. At the same time, I also noticed that H&K also produced a very similar sling for the G3 rifle.

I know that the G3 sling has an older leather variant which I can rule out, but they later made a canvas version, which looks much like the MP5 sling, so it got me wondering what differences - if there are any at all - are there between the two slings?

As far as I can tell, they both have the snap hook fastener at the front, the clip at the rear and a widened buckle for the middle sling hook for the three-point suspension.
    As far as I can tell, H&K just made a single universal sling that fits on all their G3 and derivative rifles and submachineguns. Am I wrong in this assumption? Google turns up little info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Original H&K slings - Differences?

i'm no expert but from what i could dig up you were right, HK did make a universal sling for all their G3 derivatives and SMG's. i do like the old G3 leather sling it really would keep it old school! as i said before iam no expert.

Comment

Would the g3 one not be longer? Although I guess you could still use the longer one on an mp5 it would just have more free end
      It's not about you dying for your country...
      Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

There's a simpler cotton sling for the MP5 that doesn't have the curved buckle. Take a look here:
        http://www.rollanet.org/~stacyw/German_Slings.htm

Comment

Looking around some more, I've come to the conclusion that a G3 sling would also work, according the the MP5 operator's manual. I'll try to get a hold of a canvas one and see if it works well, as I do want the curved buckle for the three point.

And if it doesn't fit, I'll just have to buy a G3 SG-1. What a pity.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobtuskins Find out more about bobtuskins
          Working...
          X