What should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I get?

I am relatively new to the airsofting world, and am not sure what sort of gun to get. It would have to be two tone, an AEG and under 170 pounds but apart from that no other requirements. Any avice would be greatly appreciated and any points in the right direction for second hand guns would be great as well.
    sigpic

Re: What should I get?

How long is a piece of string?! :D

The main thing to remember is that all airsoft weapons are essentially the same internals, over a different shell. So the choice of model, really comes down to what you like the feel of. The different manufacturers will effect quality etc.

My personal advice is once you have you UKARA you'll want to ditch the lime green monster soon as. I'd say hire, or just buy the cheapest 2 tone you can. For £170 you'll get a nice 2nd hand package, no point blowing the budget on the two tone to start I say.

If you're buying new, JG offer the best mix of quality for money. The G36c by them is very popular as a starter weapon. Personally I'd buy second hand as you'll get things around half price, with a few mags to boot. However, 2 tones don't come up here very much.

At your next skirmish look about, if you see something you like ask the owner about it. More than likely they'll let you have a go and tell you all the pros/cons!

Comment

jagillham summed it up quite well.
      I agree with waiting until you have UKARA membership before buying an AEG.
      I know it's tempting to buy your own gear but by waiting and hiring for 3 games you get to try out different guns to find out what suits you best. You can also ask people for a look/try of their guns too as we all like showing off our kit.

Comment

Thanks for the advice but I am only 16 so cant get a UKARA membership and my parents would have to approve a gun and it is easier said than done to convince them.
        Last edited by gingapar; 8 September, 2009, 22:22. Reason: Spelling Mistakes!!
        sigpic

Comment

You cannot buy any kind of weapon until you are 18. You could borrow a parents two tone though.

Sounds like it all hinges on them!

Bring out the age old arguments, team building and keeping fit!

Comment

do lots of housework too
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              You cannot buy any kind of weapon until you are 18. You could borrow a parents two tone though.

Sounds like it all hinges on them!

Bring out the age old arguments, team building and keeping fit!
              Yeeaahh... "borrow", haha

Comment

Originally posted by gingapar View Post
                Thanks for the advice but I am only 16 so cant get a UKARA membership and my parents would have to approve a gun and it is easier said than done to convince them.
                In that case I would still recommend hiring for a few games just to get the feel of a few different guns. You could even take your dad along to see if he wants to play and to show you can be responsible with a gun.
                You never know, he may get hooked and buy his own RIFs that you could borrow for games.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gingapar Find out more about gingapar
                Working...
                X