PMC Milsims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMC Milsims?

Are there any? I enjoy not wearing any specific camouflage, and am not a huge geardo, but I so want to start doing some Milsim events and weekenders. However a lot of them seem to have strict rules on uniforms, and I havent seen any that allow PMC loadouts that can tag alongside uniformed crew.

Anyone know of any?

Re: PMC Milsims?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    Are there any? I enjoy not wearing any specific camouflage, and am not a huge geardo, but I so want to start doing some Milsim events and weekenders. However a lot of them seem to have strict rules on uniforms, and I havent seen any that allow PMC loadouts that can tag alongside uniformed crew.

Anyone know of any?
    I honestly thought it said PMC Muslims... :S

You'll be FINE at most games dude... The main stipulations are generally and ammo limit and just TAN or GREEN...

Comment

You would not believe the number of autocorrections my iPhone insisted on before I got milsim!

That's the thing, at the moment the next 2 I'm looking at are the 28 years event (run by a Marshall at my local site) and then also looking at a GASS weekenders at the end of September, that clearly states it must be matching camofluage bdus of the green or tan variety.

At the moment I switch between tundra 5.11 tacpants, black top, and jeans.

Comment

Its Desert vs Green in a vast majority of milsim cases. If you get a tan shirt to go with your tan trousers then feel free to join the Desert side.

But how much difference does a set of BDUs make? its not particularly geardo to get a set of woodland/desert BDU's and wear whatever rig you have over it...

Comment

Um about £80 each way if I set myself up to do either side. So quite a bit of difference.

I'm just wondering if there are any milsims where the PMC look is actually a team/kit choice. Or are they all camouflage bdus

Comment

we have run a few games over here in northern ireland ben that operate on a camouflage vs non cam/civvies/freedom fighter look.
            prime example was our last game DEA (black) assaulting and asset recovery against the "teegan cartel" drug syndicate wearin civvies/pmc style gear.

although northern ireland is a bit of a drive for you im sure lol

Comment

Just a bit! :P

Comment

Slim to none that specifically involved PMCs. Speaking from a GASS point of view we wouldn't make an event that specific, simply because it alienates the majority to please a minority.

Comment

Ah, youre from GASS then? If PMC kit is allowed, I may well be in attendance of your event!

Comment

Looking at the descriptions put up by coley, no. PMC is specifically disallowed for Ground War. You'd be fine on a regular day, but for that event, its off limits.

Loadouts
                    Full tactical military uniform i.e. no PMC, mixed or ‘Black & Tan’ style load outs.
                    Please wear corrosponding webbing/ Plate Carrier.

Green Team: Full green tactical uniform i.e. British Woodland DPM, Flecktarn, U.S. Tricolour Woodland, MARPAT, CADPAT, or Fleckmuster etc… No desert or light style uniforms.

Desert Team: Full desert tactical uniform i.e. British DDPM, ACU, Multicam, Desert Tiger Stripe, Desert MARPAT, Desert CADPAT, Tropentarn or Auscam etc

Comment

Thats what I thought, hence my starting this thread

Comment

UCAP and Stirling have specific games sectors for PMC/Rebel forces in most of their 24hr/weekenders.
                        There's one coming up later this month - Operation Neptune Spear
                        sigpic
                        Signature removed due to one bearded mans love for another.....

(and Ponies)

Comment

Obvious thing to do is buy yourself a cheap set of BDUs just for milsim. Even a set of DPM! That stops it being an issue. You can still wear your chosen loadout most days!
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Yeah I guess thats what Ill have to end up doing! Im in bournemouth this weekend so might hit Frontline and see what they have

Comment

I have written games where its PMC (mercenaries) against a standing military force, and ran them, however as the majority of players are used to obvious "sides" its up to the individual softer at a time.

Some players and 'softers as another staffer calls players, can and will play within the guidelines, some will not.
                              Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X