Your favourite airsoft gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite airsoft gear

Yo guys. I'm sure you all have favourite parts of gear So tell me, what're your top 5 bits of gear you own? #1 being your favourite, down to #5 being your fifth favourite.

Mine are:

#1 - My TM PSG-1.
    Why?: Because when I play with it, I get ridiculously good shots sometimes. I love the way people compliment it when they see it, and the way people stand up in the ferns looking thinking I can't hit them. A few shots later and I get them... plus the way everyone wants to trade stuff for it, or tells me they loved using it when I let them play a round or two with it

#2 - My Desert Eagle
    Why?: The other day I shot a guy, uphill at about 35 meters away with it. Shot of my life! That was on .36g's and cold-ish green gas. It shows how dedication can achieve performance. I'll be doing a video to prove the distance next time I'm up site too. Also I love the way people love playing with it after they ask to have a go when it's shining in my holster haha.

#3 - My TM M4 SOPMOD
    Why?: Because the recoil is just SO fun! It makes every other AEG feel obsolete. It's all metal, got my HurricanE EOTech 556 on it, a few magazines, a great battery... performance could be better, which is why I'm in the process of upgrading it.

#4 - My Specter SOP sling
    Why?: Because it's so versatile, comfortable and looks really good. Got an ERB on it, loads of positions to carry it in and very quick to change between them too. Best sling I've EVER owned. Difficult to get though.

#5 - My new utility belt
    Why?: Because I bought a regular Viper belt and attached all my pouches to it, so now I can carry everything I need for any game (BB's, gas, a drink AND magazines) and it doesn't get in the way unless I sit on my ass. Also can just clip it on or off, no threading through my DPM belt loop things.

Re: Your favourite airsoft gear

1# if all goes well, it will be my upgraded SPR with twisted barrel and FTK:D
    2# atm its my 3300MAH 9.6 battery. it has lasted 3 full skirmishes and only today just died:D it lastes for ages!.
    3# my warrior double ammo pouch.
    4# hopefully when my kit is sorted, my molle vest.
    5# my tanio kobe twisted barrel. it is actually mint:D

Comment

1: My TM M16VN. It's never let me down :D
      2. The Sanyo battery that came with the M16, Never let me down either!
      3. 58 Pattern webbing. Keeps everything right where I need it.
      4. V-12's. Best googles I've used.
      5. Jungle boots

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

number one tm sr16 grenadier strikes fear into noobs
        number two tornado grenade great fun and great for urban
        number three well mp5k insane rate of fire
        number four bulle molle vest quick release, realistic and overall avery good vest
        number five stubby silencer so cute

Comment

after this months pay my beautiful custom g36c but ill be posting an article on it next month

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
            1# if all goes well, it will be my upgraded SPR with twisted barrel and FTK:D
            2# atm its my 3300MAH 9.6 battery. it has lasted 3 full skirmishes and only today just died:D it lastes for ages!.
            3# my warrior double ammo pouch.
            4# hopefully when my kit is sorted, my molle vest.
            5# my tanio kobe twisted barrel. it is actually mint:D
            you do know a rifled barrel does not aid the stability of a spherical projectile right?

Comment

that is true^^^
              despite what they say the tanio koba twisted inner barrels dont actually improve the accuracy at all.expensive too :s

Comment

1. My belt kit. I've spent quite a while trying different pouches and placements and I've finally got it set up perfectly for me.
                2. My custom built M4-Z1 Zombie Killer. It isnt some "uber l33t n00b 0wnz0r" its just a 300fps M4 running at normal rof but its nice and light and nice and accurate.
                3. My TM 1911. It just keeps on going no matter what I do to it with some amazing range thanks to a little tweek.
                4. Converse Warrior boots. Best damn boots I've owned. Just a shame they're poser tan and I want black boots now
                5. My Safariland 6004. Best holster I've ever used but just like my boots I bought it when I was in a poser tan phase so its US tri-colour. If I had the money I'd get one in OD and black for my 1911 and USP

Originally posted by zulu View Post
                that is true^^^
                despite what they say the tanio koba twisted inner barrels dont actually improve the accuracy at all.expensive too :s
                In my personal experience they do.
                I own two TM 1911s one with a TK barrel and one stock. The one with the TK barrel has better range and accuracy.
                The thing with TK barrels is they only work upto about 330-340fps after that the rifling looses its effectiveness and you wont see much of an improvement.

Comment

i mean that logicaly they shouldnt work, not to say that they are'nt quality barrels though :P

Comment

#1 My Blackwater Gear Plate Carrier with pouches
                    #2 My customized ARMY MEU
                    #3 My Flyye Battle Belt
                    #4 My Magnum Spider Elite 8"ers
                    #5 My customized JG 416

The TK barrels do not actually directly affect the BB. They allow air to flow past the bb so creating a 'cushion' of air on all sides of the BB. This helps to stabilize the flight of the BB, so increasing consistency. This, at least, is my understanding.

Comment

The theory is that a BB bounces down the inside of any standard barrel affecting accuracy, so amandla is correct. In theory the TK keeps the BB centered. In theory...

1. JG G36c, the thing is just a rock and it's got some upgrades coming its way next week
                      2. Glock 17, it's just the dog's danglies. (Although broken at the moment, stupid friend)
                      3. TM M3 Super 90 short with the G&P M3 sliding stock, best TM shotty combo availible in my opinion.
                      4. Funnily enough, my £1 army issue cotton head warmer. It's stopped so many shots hitting my throat I love it, despite it itching in high heat.
                      5. TM Prolight, I got this with my AEP back before it broke, it was excellent and I still have it as it one of the best torches I've owned in or out of airsoft.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
                      Working...
                      X