Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tac vest!

I am lost.

I keep buying bits of gear to support my mags and grenades and such but they either don't fit, are uncomfortable or just plain pants.

So I asked my self 'Who knows best?' The answer was inevitably the Zeroin members.

So guys. I want a vest that can take up to 10 Magpul Masada Mags, at least 4 USP .45 mags and if possible have room for pyrotechnics.

If anyone has a vest with similar specs to that tell me where I can find it. Any advice or a simple point in the right direction would be great.

I'm sure some people will say 'A vest that works for [me] might not work for [you].' I agree but at the moment I don't care, I'm tired of buying stuff that's useless and if someone on here has recommended a piece of kit... It wont be useless.

Thanks guys.

Re: What tac vest!

molle would be best for you, but it is heavy, i have found the arktis advanced chest rig a good one., its not molle but it is light and has good capacity
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Molle all the way mate, they're not all heavy, they're only heavy if you make them that way They're great as everything nowadays is pretty much molle/molle compatible, so it can be easier to find new pouches and its adaptable to any need pretty much as opposed to crossdraws, "normal" tac vests etc. which sometimes have sewn on or button on pouches... Personally I would go for anything Eagle industries if you've got money as a) real steel is the best and b) its more common than real paraclete, BAE or LBT here's a quick lowdown:
      Lots of space:
      Eagle Industries Plate carrier with cummerbund/MBAV (sewn-in soft armour variant), current issue to USSF, lightweight and not as restricting as a CIRAS replacing/replaced the CIRAS, plenty of MOLLE for most needs. Plenty of room for upgrades such as the MSAP kit.
      CIRAS, still issued to some branches USSF albeit in lesser numbers than the MBAV, very bulky and hot, but more coverage and MOLLE than the MBAV, generally avoid this vest as they are way overpriced. However, every man and his dog makes a replica so on the replica market they can be quite cheap, an example would be the Flyye force recon vest.
      Lightweight:
      Rhodesian recon vest, issued to USSF, incredibly adaptable with option to remove front bib for less molle or add a backplate for more molle, similar amounts of molle to an EPC when used with an added back, very light. Again everyone makes a replica, and replica backplates so I would definately look into RRVs
      EPC without c-bund: Essentially the same as the MBAV/EPC w/o cummerbund in terms of molle on the front and back except it lacks molle on the sides. more lightweight than the CIRAS or the MBAV but still heavier than the RRV.
      I would go into paraclete and LBT but I would be sitting here all day if I went into every single molle vest I knew about!

^That's my EPC with cummerbund and MSAP upgrade, I can carry like 7-11 mags +1 in the rifle... there are also grenade pouches, utility pouches, radio pouches med pouches etc. so I'm sure you'll find a way with molle to fit your needs!

Generally with molle vests go for higher end replicas like flyye or pantac or real steel gear as they use (normally) 1000D cordura (however some of the newer eagle stuff uses lighter weight 500D) as cheapo china can, and inevitably will break on you. Eagle, Paraclete, LBT, (Warrior is another good brand and makes molle vests similar to eagle and is widely availible in the UK) will last you for life (£185+ price range (can be less), although the bay is your friend here I got mine for £50), Flyye, pantac, (and TMC is an up and coming brand in terms of quality) will last you a good couple of years (£70-£200), and cheapo china will last you about a year (£30-£50).

Hope this helped a little!

On a side note often the flyye, pantac and cheapo china vests often come with bucketloads of pouches with them so that might be the best idea if you're on a budget!

Comment

That was one hell of a post!

Thank you sir, you may have just saved me allot of time.

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
        Working...
        X