Warrior chest rigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior chest rigs?

Has anyone used these? Considering getting a centurion chest rig, but would like to know if they are any good before parting with my hard earned!

I'm open to suggestions - I need something i can tailor for either 5.56 or 7.62(G3) sized mags. Would also like room for a pistol holster and dual pistol mag pouch. Oh and in either OD or DPM flavour

Centurion seems a good bet as the pistol and 5.56 fit into it without buying any additional puches?

Advice is greatly appreciated!!

Re: Warrior chest rigs?

I use the 901 which is similar, Warrior are fantastic, very high quality, well worth the money.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Quality wise, Warrior gear is more than tough enough for anything you might throw at it in airsoft. It's popular with infantry lads going out to sandy places for good reason.

Wouldn't really recommend the Centurion for 20 rnd 7.62x51 mags though (G3, FAL, M14, SR-25 etc), being shorter than 30 rnd 5.56 STANAGs they'll sit very far in and be a pain to reach for and extract, plus they're a bit too wide to really work with the integrated pouches and bungee retainers. Unfortunately it might be a bit tricky to find pouches that are suited to both types of mag, HSGI TACOs would do it if you don't mind importing from the US, fairly pricey though.

The standard 901 is an excellent base platform, you could mount your pistol + mags at either end with primary mags across the front, then just swap out your MOLLE pouches when you want to switch weapons; when all setup that'd work just fine. Might get a tad annoying doing all that pouch threading/unthreading all the time though.
      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Cheers guys

I was thinking the Centurion would save me buying the 5.56 pouches (over the 901 rig) as they are integrated into the vest already. Also, on some of the photos i've seen of the Centurion, it shows a pistol tucked into the integrated pouch area, so no need for a holster straight off either. Means i'd just need to buy a couple of G3 pouches that i'd mount on. Means no swapping about for different loadouts? (Yes i'm lazy :P)

Comment

Putting extra pouches on top will mean the rig sticks out quite a bit from your chest, but as long as you don't mind that then yeah definitely, fire away.

It's fairly common place to see people using a single STANAG pouch as a pistol holster so that should work fine for you.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Good stuff As for stacking the pouches, i was trying to avoid that. I was thinking about putting the 7.62 puches higer up, on the unused panel above the built in pouches? Then possibly a dump pouch on the back panel if i feel i need one.

Now all i have to do is get one ordered up! :P

Comment

Its landed lol

Cheers for the advice, can't wait to use it!:P

Comment

Warrior gear is first class, Centurion, 901 or the RICAS /compact are very good

M
                'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

I agree with the above comment, I've got the Ricas compact in CB and it's great quality, very comfortable (as far as vests go) well worth the money.

Comment

I've now got a RICAS too lol, its a bit heavier than the Centurian, but has lots more side protection. I may remove the back panel from the Centurian and use it as my indoor CQC vest

Cant fault the quality on either vest or indeed the pouches!

Comment

i'll put in a vote for the raptor as i seem to be the only guy using it

Comment

Ive got the newly released multicam dcs plate carrier, best bit of warrior gear ive owned so far would never get anything else!
                        Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

I have the 901 Chest Rig - it's great. Simple and reliable. Pretty comfortable too. It can fit me tightly (I'm pretty slender) but will adjust to fit larger blokes. It feels rock solid, would trust it in any circumstances. Highly recommended
                          sigpic

Comment

Speaking of the 901 rig, can centurion back plates for the pre-2009 "model" still be purchased, or are they now obsolete? I have a Tan 901 but no centurion for it and am looking around.

EDIT: before anyone worries, I am not intending to break the forum rules, a simple "yes they are" or "no they aren't" will suffice.
                            Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

The only ones i've seen listed by warrior are for the newer rigs? I can take detailed photos of my back panel, maybeit'd help you see if the new panel fits your rig?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wonderloaf Find out more about Wonderloaf
                              Working...
                              X