USMC Loadout (sources!?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC Loadout (sources!?)

Currently I'm doing a US Marine loadout (circa 2003 entering Iraq)
    Money isnt an object aslong as I get some good gear. the gear I have at the moment for this loadout the following kit.

PASGT
    -Tri colour cover
    -OD Headband

OTV
    -Mag pouches etc

DCU Tri colour trousers

What else do I need to fufil the loadout as my mind is completely blank! (this includes rifles)

EDIT: Also if anyone has any idea where I can get the NVG mount it would be greatly appreciated!
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Re: USMC Loadout (sources!?)

either black jump boots or the vietnam jungle boots, the usmc has always used a m16 rarther than the m4, so a a3, umm they also used to carry alice webbing with a alice pack, us tricolour woodland BDU with a boonie or a cover (crap hat) then your ok mate
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Parky
    Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Get and watch/read Generation Kill on DVD & book formats. It is from the 2003 invasion of Iraq from the point of view of a reporter embeded in the 1st Marine Recon.

Comment

When the USMC entered Iraq in 2003 they were in the middle of a massive refit in equipment after 2 years in Afghan.

But basically it goes at follows.

- PASGT helmet with a DCU cover (the Gentex USMC lightweight helmet didnt come in properly until 2005, also sometimes you'd see a MARPAT cover).
        - DCU BDU's
        - OTVs would usually be in Woodland camouflage at this point, Coyote Brown wasnt really issued just yet. Pouches are usually a massive hotch potch of whatever they could find. (Usually it was the SDS MOLLE II pouches in Woodland, some OD, some Tri Colour pouches, whatever they could find.
        - Sometimes you'd see chest rigs and LBVs etc been worn over the top of the OTV.
        - Bijan kneepads in Woodland, usually one worn on the right knee or ankle. The general rule with elbow pads is never wear them.
        -Boots were usually either Altama, either the black ones or desert boots.
        - Weapons- USMC doesnt tend to use the M4 Carbine, it was either the M16A2 or A4 at this point. Or a Mossberg M590, M500. And some were issued with the M9 Beretta.

- Accessories - Remember Goggles, Slings, Glasses, Comms, Grenades, Smokes, its the little things like that, that make a good impression epic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nun-Chuck Find out more about Nun-Chuck
        Working...
        X