Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvg plus helmet issue.

Ok folks needing to pick your brains.

Got a real deal gentex ACH on the way with a standard nvg mount and rhino arm.

In a short amount of time i'll be recieving a PVS-14.

Folk i know who have used the helemt setup in the past ahve found the nvg pulling the helmet down at the front abd used the battery compartment mod to balance the weigt a bit better.

Personally i'm not looking to split the unit as a wire running along my ach attached to something very expensive sounds like too much of a risk.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to alleviate this issue and balance things out a bit?

Cheers, Bulb
    theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Re: nvg plus helmet issue.

Get a admin pouch like the ones from the rlcs or the sflcs and put a counterweight in there and velcro it to the back of your helm.

Comment

yo dude, i was on a certain auction site yesterday and found this if its any good? im not allowed to post dirrect link so you will have to search using description- i think it was about 23 quid.

Navy SEAL NVG MICH Helmet Counter Weight Pouch

i dont think im gonna break any rules here, but if i do then mods please delete, and my apologies.

all the best rich.
      'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

Spend some time getting the lid fitted just right with the straps tighter on the nape will help.

Comment

Cheers gents counterweight bought, the mich ans the counter weight will be here alot sooner than the nvg (should have that december) but when it arrives i'll post up a bunch of pics and a review of the items.

Comment

i was going to sugest the ops-core Head-Loc Retention System. All you need to do is change the straps with there one and not add extra wieght with the counter weight. but you already got it so im a bit late XD

Comment

haha thanks anyway mate if it doesnt work out with the counter weight i'll give it a try!

Comment

Now where did you get your hands on a PVS-14 Bulb? You comin to the Livi weekender this weekend ??

Comment

Long time no see bud, hows life treating you?

doesn't look likely bud starting a new job on the monday and i dont think coming in with a face covered in welts would be a good move.

...might be there on the sunday!

i might be organising some milsim stuff for later in the year at livi though so fingers crossed.

Comment

Yeah life is funky, full of guns, buyin an sellin. Usual crap. lol
                    Yourself ?
                    You should most definately come, its great
                    I plan on a barbeque once we finish at silly am, and ofcourse a bottle o somethin nice!

I have 2 six shooters and 18 shells to play with these days

Btw, ever used a pvs-14 ? They are astounding!!!!

Comment

Yeah life is peachy mate after five year if studying two degrees later i finally got the job in the hospital i wanted so i decided to get myself a rediculous present... and consequently my missus a butt load of shoes to compensate! lol

just working away, hoping to buy my first ptw soon!

hopefully i'll get to livi sooner rather than later my next big game is catterick which is a while away.

Comment

Two degrees ? Well done you. lol.

Ptw's are a bit of a waste of cash, just get a good aeg mate.
                        I might be headin down to catterick mid october for the russian op. Meet ya there

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bulb i like airsoft alot, oh, and beer i really like beer Find out more about Bulb
                        Working...
                        X