Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Black Long Sleeve Shirt For PMC Look Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Long Sleeve Shirt For PMC Look Advice?

I'm looking to finish my PMC look off with a black shirt under my plate carrier, so I want a shirt that will endure some mild abuse, but not break the bank. I was originally going to go for the OPS battle shirt with elbow pads, as the Multicam one I had was excellent... but at £62 from USA its more than I want to spend right now.

I have been looking at polo shirts, which are as cheap as £8 a shirt for some unbranded one or splash £35 on the 5.11 version! Is the 5.11 really much better? I don't mind paying for quality, but not just for a name tag!

Any other suggestions? Only shirt I am ruling out is Viper (tried one, not happy with material...especially the
    huge foam inserts which can't be removed!), but anything else upto say a max of £40 I'd consider.

Cheers

Re: Black Long Sleeve Shirt For PMC Look Advice?

I usualy stick to 5.11. Solid and comfortable material

Comment

Zero one have reduced the 5.11 rapid assault shirts to £45. They have them in black and the quality will be very good.

Comment

Another Zero One special, no description!

Google'd it to find out more, and found another shop selling it for same price with full details. Guess where I'll buy it if I get that one...!

Comment

I just use a long sleeve base layer underneath a cheap polo shirt and never had any problems, keeps me warm and comfortable
          sigpic

Comment

I've found a Primarni special sufficed. None of this brand nonsense. A polo shirt is a polo shirt. As above, team it with a wicking t-shirt or thermal base layer and you have a perennial solution to your needs.
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Went for the 5.11 Rapid shirt, £43.20 in the UK. Was 20% off normal price, and then also was able to use another 10% off that as they having a new year sale!

Bit more than I wanted to spend, but the body is wicking and comes with velcro on arms already. Saves me a job!

5.11 Tactical Rapid Assault Shirt - The new Rapid Assault Shirt is the perfect addition to 511’s popular Tactical Duty Uniform. They have worked with a team of law enforcement officers and military personel across the country to develop the ultimate combat shirt for tactical use. The body fabric is a lightweight poly/cotton/spandex knit that wicks perspiration and dries quickly. They’ve engineered side mesh panels to improve air flow, keeping you cool. With premium stretch the torso is form fitting without being tight or restrictive. We’ve utilized flat lock seams to reduce chafing and maximize comfort for wear under body armor. The saddle shoulder construction allows for maximum range of motion for all operations. The sleeves are constructed of a tough poly/cotton ripstop with articulated, reinforced elbows. Large, dual shoulder pockets provide additional storage capacity. The Rapid Assault Shirt has a half zip entry with a woven collar that can be worn up or down. They’ve considered every detail in designing the perfect addition to your Tactical Uniform.

Comment

I know it is a bit late now, but I wear Viper UBACS over some under armour thermals. Cheap and cheerful and you can remove that terrible foam from the Viper. The only issue I had was the very short arms

Comment

Does the foam come out? I got the shirt, tried it on, saw the arms were wider than trouser legs and sent it right back, lol.

Comment

Yup, as I would have sent mine back had it not! All of the pieces are in sleeves and just slide out!

Comment

Oh well! Atleast I know where to go if I want a police dog trainer shirt with the bite proof arms

Comment

Yeah I have ddpm viper shirt which i love. Removed the foam, zipped off the sleeves and it's lovely on a summer day
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

i was after something similar. In the end i settled for a Blackhawk grid fleece
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                          Working...
                          X