Impression Guide: USMC grunt and USMC Force Recon – Vietnam War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impression Guide: USMC grunt and USMC Force Recon – Vietnam War

Right due to Tomlegg putting up a US infantry man impressions guide im going to do usmc..so

what we have here are numerous photo's of the standerd USMC Grunt, of the date 67-69

Webbing: M56
    consists of the following

M56 usmc belt, which has press studs ( unique to the marines)
    M14 mag pouches
    ww2 canteen cover and canteen , has the hooks not the alice clips
    Tripple grenade pouch
    M17 gas mask
    ww2 Etool
    M41 PAck with lower half
    M60 7.62 bandolier (each soldier will carry one of these except the secound gunner which carried 3)
    m14 bandolier

Uniform : Sateen combat uniform this is the old style uniforms before all the nice cool (not style but doesnt take in so much heat) stuff EG Poplin
    Black jump boots
    M1 helmet with mitch cover (marines put mutt inner tubes round the helmet as to replace the crap band issued)

Weapon: M14

Armour, its was neccecary for marines to wear the M55 Flack jacket
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...8d99bb2b9f.jpg
    later on the uniform (satten) was replaced by a material called poplin, the marines genrally wore the 2nd pattern shirt.this would have epilepts and tabs on the sides

even up to 69 marines stuck with the M14 as it was more reliable to the XM16

Our group of marines in rolling thunder !

http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...fd1509aec3.jpg

pictures dont work so please click links
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Parky
    Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Re: Impression Guide: USMC grunt and USMC Force Recon – Vietnam War

Marines in hue, you can see the webbing, and tell its different to army
    http://rolling-thunder.org.uk/PhotoA...5_jpg_view.htm

i will do more on this later...to much info to rememeber!
    sigpic
    Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Love those pics depicting the battle for Hue. Man I can't wait to get my hands on an M60. Wish I'd never sold my M55 Flak jacket now though.

Comment

lol thats a Deac M60 it cost that bloke (my uncle) £5,000 , now there worth like 9-10 depening if you can pull back the cocking leaver..thanks though we built that at the war and peace show :D
        sigpic

Comment

quick question, when you say ww2 etool and canteen and cover, do you mean M43? and for the canteen do you mean the metal lid or plastic?

cheers, Tom.
          Last edited by 101stairborne-506; 22 October, 2009, 18:06. Reason: change punctuation

Comment

its the same stuff the marines used during world war two, its the metal canteen with the plastic lid and the etool is the one that the shovel bit just flips down, and with the long wooden handel, it goes on the M41 pack
            sigpic

Comment

oh ok cheers, has the etool got an OD cover or tan?

from what im aware the usmc in ww2 wore all tan webbing, but i cant imagine anyone in vietnam wearing tan.

cheers, Tom.

Comment

green mate
                sigpic

Comment

ok, cheers mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Teufelhunden Find out more about Teufelhunden
                  Working...
                  X