Decent jacket for all weathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent jacket for all weathers?

Hi guys, I've recently had a bit of a dilemma with the top half of my load out. When I have been playing in the cold, the hoody that I wear isn't warm enough but when it's warm, the hoody makes me overheat. So basically, Is there a decent jacket that has a hood/collar that regulates temperature so can be worn in all temperatures and at a good price of course.

Thanks
    -archer-
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: Decent jacket for all weathers?

There are cold weather jackets out there which have plenty of zippered opening to allow for ventilation, but other than that you seem to kind of be asking the impossible to be honest. An item is either insulated to keep you warm or it's ventilated to keep you cool, the general idea being that most people just buy two coats, one for winter and one for summer.

Something with a removable inner fleece/liner perhaps? I mean generally the best idea is to just have a standard camo uniform shirt/UBACS for the hotter months, and then a softshell or field jacket for the colder ones, that's certainly how I run my gear. You can probably pick up an issued UBACS for not much money on an auction site and Helikon make softshells that aren't expensive.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Here you go

MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

I have a regatta softshell jacket i got from the Range of all places for 15 quid! Mines plain black with small logo on fornt

they have gone up but

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/harvey-p159836
        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Minus the trolling

I have a sord softshell , genuine pcu lvl5 , helekon soft shells ,all these are supassed by a softshell i bought at decathlon 3 years ago , a black quaesha softshell with drawstring hood , it cost me £60 half what the lvl5 and sord jacket cost , i used it at Catterick last year with a tight fitting warm thermal top and it was minus 12 ,i was happy as feck ... i also used it under my ghillie most of the time as a waterproof layer ,its never let me get wet .... and last night i used it at work .. minus 1 with a t-shirt while washing 19 ,17 tonne wagons with a steamer and brush for 4 hours .. took it off ,totally dry underneath ,i have worn this jacket 5 days a week for nigh on 3 years and its still in top condition

@ 37 year old i have to say the best £60 i have ever spent

Comment

i wear a UBACS with a T-shirt underneath during colder seasons and the UBACS on its own during warmer ones

you'll hardly notice the cold when you're running about

i played in minus figures back in december, only noticed it was cold in between games

Comment

You can never go wrong with a north face jacket! Theres one which has arm pit zips for when its hot, has a fleece lined collar, and is decently waterproofed.

Comment

I use very frequently a Helikon Australian jacket and it's served me well. Now during winter I use it under a regular camo shirt, with some sports t-shirt as bottom layer.
                Basically it's:

Bottom: good transpirable sports tee
                Mid: Helikon Australian jacket
                Top: Camo shirt + plate carrier/chest rig

When temp goes up to 15C or so I just get rid of the camo shirt and keep on rocking.

Comment

Helikon is so good that a know of a few uk suppliers that have stopped stocking it due to the zips failing ... cost me £16 for a new zip to be put in my fleece last week ,, nice but not woirth there almost £70-100 price

Comment

The Arcteryx MX Gamma hoody, just replaced my MX gamma jacket with one after 10 years of pretty much continuous use of every day use and climbing. Really solid piece of kit. Mite expensive at £230, but a good investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ovany View Post
                      Helikon is so good that a know of a few uk suppliers that have stopped stocking it due to the zips failing ... cost me £16 for a new zip to be put in my fleece last week ,, nice but not woirth there almost £70-100 price
                      I have owned two and neither had any problem with the zips. I paid 64€ for mines (~53 pounds).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                      Working...
                      X