Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Help - US Rangers Loadout (BlackHawk Down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - US Rangers Loadout (BlackHawk Down)

Hi guys, i need some help. Im looking at designing a US Rangers loadout like seen in the film Black Hawk Down.

Heres what i got so far:

Mil-Force Double Deck Rifle Bag (Black)
    Mil-Force Tactical Drop Leg Thigh Holster, Right Handed (Black)
    Tru-Spec U.S. BDU Shirt (Desert Choc-Chip) - Chest S 33-37"
    Tru-Spec U.S. BDU Rip-Stop Trousers (Desert Choc-Chip) - Size L 35-39"
    Zero One BB Ultra Accuracy 0.20g 5000rds
    TracPac Patrol Boots (Desert) - Size 9
    British Style '58 Pattern Waterbottle and Mug
    Vapex 8.4v 2200mAh NiMH Dumpy Battery
    Blackhawk Universal BDU Belt (Desert Sand Brown)
    Mechanix M-Pact Gloves (Coyote) - Size Medium
    BCB Knee Pads (Desert DPM)
    Tokyo Marui GBLK Mag for M92F
    G&G 1x30 Aimpoint Replica with Flip-Up Covers
    G&P Mid-Cap, M16, 130rd
    G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine
    Web-Tex Combat Vest (Desert DPM)
    Tru-Spec PASGT Helmet Cover Rip-Stop (Desert Choc-Chip)
    Viper Security Belt (Sand)
    Danger Zone Smoke Grenade 60 Second
    Mil-Force SWAT Helmet
    Web-Tex Locking Carabina 8mm (Set of 2)
    British Genuine Issue SA80 Rifle Sling
    Humvee 6" 12 Hour Lightstick (Red)
    TracPac D2 Torch with Batteries (Black)
    Zero One Fast, Dual Plug & Discharger
    Bollé Ballistic Goggles X500

All of the equipment if off of Zero One and total close to £1,000, i need your help for the final touches and general opinions. I know some parts are not an exact copy of the kit used in the film, but its my personal preference, however if you find kit that you think would go better, tell me and ill have a look.

Regards, Jon

Re: Help - US Rangers Loadout (BlackHawk Down)

Choc Chip was not used at that time , "tri colour" was used. The 75th used M16a2 , helmet is a PASGT , red dot wouldn't have been used , DPM kneepads and mechnix gloves don't fit the time frame and unit also and authentic LBE would be better . There are much better places to get tactical gear from than Z1 for cheaper , I won't say where but you'd be better to spread it around and do some more research on equipment.Somebody on here will probably be of more help.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

I prefer the look of the Choc Chip to the Tri Color, so thats personal preference, as well as the M4. Red dot, is for ease of use. Most of it that you've stated is down to personal preference. But thats for the tip about ordering from different places.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
        Choc Chip was not used at that time.
        No, choc-chip was definitely used, it was a mix between the two. The 10th Mountian were doing the same as well. & theres pictures of the USMC in there with it too. In the film, presumably to avoid confusion, they all wore tri colour though.

These guys are Rangers in Somalia (its just one of many ive seen which show it)

USMC

10th Mountain

Hope it helps...
        Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SBS Rusty View Post
          No, choc-chip was definitely used, it was a mix between the two. The 10th Mountian were doing the same as well. & theres pictures of the USMC in there with it too. In the film, presumably to avoid confusion, they all wore tri colour though.

These guys are Rangers in Somalia (its just one of many ive seen which show it)

Hope it helps...
          Well I'm never going on militaryphotos again... Rangers wouldn't use m4s as they weren't around , the closest was te car 15 or M733 which was only used by SF. In my personal opinion unless you make less personal preferences and more choices on what they actually used it won't look like a 75 Ranger batt loadout and just something you've thrown together.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Like i said before most of it is personal opinion. But thankyou for the advise guys.

Comment

I appreciate that you’ve said a lot of the items are personal preference however 90% of your list is completely incorrect for any sort of recognisable impression.
              The Tru Spec BDUs and Helmet cover are good, other than that you’re spending lots of money on items that are nothing like those used in either the film or the actual conflict. On top of that, in all honesty you could save a lot of money by buying the correct ex-issue items instead of modern, poorly made airsoft kit as well!

What you need:

BDUs – 3 or 6 colour desert are correct for the conflict, if you are copying the film you want 3 colour shirt and trousers with a 6 colour helmet cover. Tru Spec is fine for this.

Boots – Issue Jungle boots or Desert boots are correct for both the film and the real conflict. These can be easily procured and are very cheap.

Knee Pads – The majority of kit for the film was provided by Blackhawk, from memory the knee pads are black hellstorm models. My understanding is that at that time knee pads were not issued and were personal purchase, so there is some leeway in what you choose to use here, or indeed not.

Webbing – Buy ex-issue Alice LC1 or LC2 kit here. The system is rugged and cheaply available. You will need a minimum of: 1x Yoke, 2x Ammunition Pouch, 2x Canteen Pouches, 1x Butt Pack and 1x Belt, 1x First Aid Pouch. There are plenty of images from the time that show mixing and matching with M1956 (Nam) gear as well, so there is room for personalisation.

Holster – The issue holster of the time was the Bianchi M12, this is still widely available, and clips right onto the Alice belt. This is designed to fit the M9, but will also fit a 1911 without issue. Bulkier pistols like a USP or 226 won’t fit however.

Gloves – For those that wore them, Nomex Pilots gloves were the most prevalent. These are green nomex with leather on palm and inner fingers. Again, these can be picked up unissued very easily and are far better than any of the knockoffs, and are significantly cheaper too.

Head Wear – Best bet for a ranger impression (if you want it to be recognised as such) is a PASGT style helmet here. There are plenty of images with Rangers wearing boonie hats; however it is unlikely that these would have made it out on ops.

Body Armour – In the film, all of the rangers wear RBA (Ranger Body Armour) in US Woodland pattern, during the conflict this was still being rolled out and many wore PT Armour (this is the black body armour visible in the images SBS Rusty posted). Both are available as clones made by guarder.

Weapon – Rangers had a mix of M16A2 rifles (with and without M203), Colt Commando Variants (M733 and M727 on the most part) and M249s. G&P are the goto source for commando variants (though TM do still make an M733). There are several companies that make M16A2s. The M9 pistol (without rail) is pretty much the only sidearm that is appropriate here. As for snipers, the M82 .50 was deployed by rangers in Somalia.

Optics/Accessories – There are plenty of images available of Rangers with old school Aimpoints (1000 and 3000 models mostly), the Comp M2 (or M68 CCO) were not available until a few years later. Getting hold of the older aimpoints is a bitch, if you’re happy with the compromise then go with the G&G model you listed. Several rangers deployed with M727 Carbines with Leupold M3 type scopes on them, airsoft clones are available. Rangers deployed on the SAR bird had a number of suppressed 727 carbines, the suppressor used at that time was manufactured by Ops.Inc and a fantastic clone is made by King Arms.

All of the kit mentioned here is freely available if you spend a little bit of time looking around. Auction sites are your friend when it comes to picking up issue kit. That’s a rough guide of what you need for a relatively accurate impression, what you choose from that is obviously personal choice.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheDicoda Find out more about TheDicoda
              Working...
              X