Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

need some help please with a msot/msoc (marine special operations team) loadout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help please with a msot/msoc (marine special operations team) loadout.

hey

i have most of the kit for this apart from the helmet and the camo. this is where i need some help, what helmets and camo are they using at present because i know back in 2010 they were using none digital bdu's and mich2000/2001 which kind of looks bad ass but do you think i should get a digital bdu set or none digital?

here are some pics for what i am talking about

only pic with digital but not sure if they operate in it

thanks
    Rune
    Last edited by runefire01; 16 August, 2012, 20:02.
    Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
    https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Re: need some help please with a msot/msoc (marine special operations team) loadout.

I'd say either 2000 or 2002 would be the best bet , I have only seen a few pics of the 2001 in use with the usmc recon or marsoc mainly from a few years ago

I have a bit of a weakspot for MarPat so personally I would use Arid pants and temperate shirt , quite a unique look.
    Are you sure the second pic is USMC? I remember seeing it captioned as green berets on another forum and the pc looks a bit more like khaki than cb.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Re: need some help please with a msot/msoc (marine special operations team) loadout.

yea i am as i got it from the usmc masoc website http://www.marsoc.marines.mil
      Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!

Comment

for MARSOC 2000... 2002 is wrong just a 2000, with 3 prong nort NVG mount with a rhino arm., camo desert marpat. Also in 2010 they were using Marpat but some of them chose to BDU. my guess it was around 06/07 time when FR was split up and marsoc was created, also first guy is wearing what looks like a Spartan or interceptor which means it could be 03/04, most likely green Berets although they do /did use BDU gen.2

i can only find 1 confirmed MSOC pic in my Collection at the moment which is a pain.. but oh well >.<
        MSOC

Comment

they are defiantly msot 8222 and no mention of green berets (unless i'm being dim and missing something but i thought green berets are something different again) as i got the pics from level0hero website where they are writing a book about their time in Afghanistan in 2009 - 2010 for their 7 month tour.

in some of the videos and images they do have mich2001's on as well (second guy from the right) and all have M81 BDU's gen II on apart from one or two of the airborne guys.

they main question i wanted to ask really was what would look a bit more different and 'tacticool' if you catch my drift but still being quite accurate at the same time.

thanks for all the input too :D
          Last edited by runefire01; 17 August, 2012, 17:53.
          Rune.

Comment

There is a couple pictures floating around on the internet of a marsoc guy in the background of a photo wearing a helmet that has much smaller ear cover whattsits than on a 2000 might just be a one off though. I have definetaly seen that picture with the 50. captioned as Green berets but maybe that was wrong , wouldn't be a first , theres some something in UCP pattern in the photo too.

Comment

I'll try and did up the article, but apparently MARSOC has put in a tonne of orders with crye to make woodland combat shirts and trousers (not sure about tri colour desert (although 1st SFOD-D have them))
              *EDIT helmetwise, go for a 2000 like everyone else has said, haven't seen many pictures with other helmets to be honest.

Comment

i can't upload but here is a pic link to some MARSOC guys

in some nice Crye woodland
                http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6036649_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
                  i can't upload but here is a pic link to some MARSOC guys

in some nice Crye woodland
                  http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6036649_n.jpg
                  and what looks like mich2001/pj helmets. hmmm could be the excuse to use a mich2001 i have been looking for
                  Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
                    and what looks like mich2001/pj helmets. hmmm could be the excuse to use a mich2001 i have been looking for
                    From my phone , they look like ops core's not michs judging by the straps may be wrong not a very hi res photo.

Comment

only if u can get crye woodland and get the certain marine bits like the scope other wise just another "Operator".. DEVGRU CAG or MARSOC what ever... a more cut and dry load-out that people would know would be a Mich 2000 all depends

Comment

this might be a stupid question but do marsoc ever wear AOR2?
                        Rune.

Comment

nope Navy issue to the seals Desert marpat and crye woodland are the choices

Comment

ok this has all kind of gone to pot now as i no longer have the funds for an m4 to complete the loadout. so who uses a hk416 and mbav armour for me to create a loadout with?

thanks
                            Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
                              ok this has all kind of gone to pot now as i no longer have the funds for an m4 to complete the loadout. so who uses a hk416 and mbav armour for me to create a loadout with?

thanks
                              DEVGRU (AKA SEAL Team 6) use the 416 and probably can get away with the MBAV as well.
                              "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                              Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runefire01 Find out more about runefire01
                              Working...
                              X