LAPD's elite Special Investigation Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD's elite Special Investigation Section

looking to start a load out that is based on the above but i am really struggling to find any information on them

is anyone able to help me set up a loadout based on this

Re: LAPD's elite Special Investigation Section

Well from what I've found, they're plain clothes so just wear whatever's comfortable and effective for carrying concealed weapons!

They also use the Remmington 870 and M4s chambered for .223 so pick those up too, and from another picture they also seem to use a kimber SIS 1911 which I'm fairly sure there's a kit for, Shooter's Design maybe? The only thing I'd advise is to not go 'tacticool', just stick a sling on the shottie and M4 and away you go!
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I'd tend to agree with the above apart from maybe the 1911, sig or glock might be more recognisable. However from what I have seen they do use 1911s as well.
      Also an M4 chambered for a .223? I don't understand that bit, most M4s are, it's called 5.56.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

i have the sis kimber 1911 i bought a mike cripps custom

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
          I'd tend to agree with the above apart from maybe the 1911, sig or glock might be more recognisable. However from what I have seen they do use 1911s as well.
          Also an M4 chambered for a .223? I don't understand that bit, most M4s are, it's called 5.56.
          T'was mentioned in an article! I'm assuming it's ammunition for civilian use, and the 5.56x45mm NATO round has some kind of modification?

Comment

yeah i found that article some interesting reading

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
              T'was mentioned in an article! I'm assuming it's ammunition for civilian use, and the 5.56x45mm NATO round has some kind of modification?
              5.56 NATO runs at higher pressures than standard .223 remington.
              a gun designed for 5.56 should run .223 fine, although it may loose a little accuracy
              a gun designed for .223 can have issues with 5.56 due to the higher pressure.
              In practice the majority of M4/AR15 type rifles are designed to run fine on 5.56.

for airsoft purposes even if the two do differ, it's purely what's printed on the side.
              Not actually a builder
              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
                5.56 NATO runs at higher pressures than standard .223 remington.
                a gun designed for 5.56 should run .223 fine, although it may loose a little accuracy
                a gun designed for .223 can have issues with 5.56 due to the higher pressure.
                In practice the majority of M4/AR15 type rifles are designed to run fine on 5.56.

for airsoft purposes even if the two do differ, it's purely what's printed on the side.
                And the devil is in the detail!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  They use Kimber SIS 1911s as officers actually went to Kimber and gave them input to what they wanted out of their pistols and Kimber designed and manufactured them. They also use 10 round extended magazines with them. Plain clothes, standard bullet proof vests, the M4s will probably be short barreled carbines as a lot of their takedowns are in a car or deploying from a car. I'm re-working a screenplay and turning it to be about the SIS division at the moment.

Comment

Nice view of the SIS, but you may need to work on the 'tache if you haven't already got one!

sigpic

Comment

SIS are pretty badass.

Comment

yip i have the very gun and with the same light its a mr cripps custom

piece of pure beauty

Comment

When ever I grow a 'tache I look like a magician....
                          Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

SIS are also the most-investigated unit in the LAPD for their tendency to get into gunfights that end badly for the suspect :p

Key part of the loadout would be a Kimber SIS or other Kimber variant, preferably the SIS. Probably in a belt-mounted safariland with a taclight (tricky to get but you can import them from the states).

As for the primary, a shotgun or LAPD-setup M4 would be your best bet- used to be a Surefire handguard/Acog combo but for a more current look they're using all sorts.

'.223' runs lower velocities and pressures than 5.56 and is used much more by Swat/special police units in the states.

Gearwise, it'll be something easily concealable so sensible pants (5.11 type ones), low profile body armour and comms, LAPD shield (you can get those on SoF), and police flashes.
                            Last edited by Nun-Chuck; 1 October, 2012, 09:31.
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

thought id add this

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gordon.mcguinness Find out more about gordon.mcguinness
                              Working...
                              X