SEAL/ Modern USSF reference pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEAL/ Modern USSF reference pics

Since AOR is becoming popular I thought I'd throw up a few pic's for the budding Geardo's out there.

(Note the lack of sidearms on some of the SEAL's as discussed on another thread).

Disclaimer: I'm aware not all of the pics are of SEAL's, some are CAG and I believe some are NZSAS. Please refrain from stupid comments, this thread is purely for people who want idea's and to discuss what is seen in the pictures, and also add pic's you have found.

Re: SEAL/ Modern USSF reference pics

Interesting Shepherd x Pitbull attack dog!

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
      Interesting Shepherd x Pitbull attack dog!
      That SEAL with the Pitbullish dog is obviously from Manchester, its to raise his social status... although he seems to have forgotten his massive chain lead!

What role would the dog be used for do you reckon? Security (chasing people down ect)?
      Last edited by Pricey; 15 January, 2013, 18:41.

Comment

why's the first dude wearing a jack?
        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
          why's the first dude wearing a jack?
          Could be an englishman (I know there's a few of the 'green death' in the seal teams) OR he could have worn the patch out of respect for UK forces (I imagine he will have worked with our SF on numerous occasions).

Comment

Omg! The dog handlers ubac is un tucked thats not very legit! :p
            Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

They use the dogs for anything from killing sentries to clearing buildings... In a multi-room building the dog runs in first and locates enemies and either indicates them or savages them..

I guess the kick ass because many people of eastern origin are culturally terrified of dogs.

Comment

I love Dogs, but Id still shit it if one of those came at me

Comment

Damn right!

They do an amazing job of keeping guys alive though, especially since the targets wised up on raid procedures...

Comment

Pretty sure they are mentioned early on in 'No easy Day'
                    The author calls them the fur missile or something like that.
                    Slightly off topic but I remember reading that in Vietnam, some US dog handlers would keep extending their tours as long as their dog was able to do its job, as the attack dogs could not be passed from handler to handler as they were too dangerous.

Comment

One of those pictures (the ripped UBACS arm) is SBS and NZSAS, not SEALs.

Comment

Ahh, has he finally been Id'd , remember a bit of speculation over on UKAZ as to his origins.
                        He is wearing a DG patch though?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoodcat View Post
                          Ahh, has he finally been Id'd , remember a bit of speculation over on UKAZ as to his origins.
                          He is wearing a DG patch though?
                          I have read that he a DEVGRU member, hence the GK patch, and it was a borrow L119, probably we'll never know which I suspect is the most likely.

As for the dogs, a friend of mine who worked with SF in Afghan said the dogs are referred to as 'Fluffy'! Even with a name like that I wouldn't want one coming after me!!!!
                          HK 416
                          Sig 226

Geronimo - For God and Country

Zero Fucks Given...

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey View Post
                            Could be an englishman (I know there's a few of the 'green death' in the seal teams) OR he could have worn the patch out of respect for UK forces (I imagine he will have worked with our SF on numerous occasions).
                            Knowing yanks...I doubt it's the latter...

Not sure what you mean about 'green death' in the seal teams...can you explain? Thanks mate :-)
                            Tac Modded 2012 PTW
                            C11 from Team Cobalt

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                              One of those pictures (the ripped UBACS arm) is SBS and NZSAS, not SEALs.
                              As mentioned at the top of the OP, I'm aware not all pics are SEAL and I have mentioned that there are NZSAS pictures (when I posted I'd forgotten I'd put it in the US forum... ahh well the kit's the same... bar the 119).

Thankyou for pointing out which pic it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SOBandy View Post
                              Knowing yanks...I doubt it's the latter...

Not sure what you mean about 'green death' in the seal teams...can you explain? Thanks mate :-)
                              'Green Death' = Royal Marines.

I'm led to believe there are some marines who have duel nationality who have completed BUD/S and joined the SEAL teams.
                              Last edited by Pricey; 15 January, 2013, 21:18. Reason: missed info

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
                              Working...
                              X