Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Rig

Yo
    Im just looking at ideas for a rig to suit my "new" TM M14.
    Im looking for mag pouches (im going to have about 7 mags), radio pouch and then just random pouches.
    At the moment iv been using some old school WWI chest rig with just two large pouches for my L96.
    Should i go for a molle vest or is there something else someone could recommend.
    Cheers
    Ric
    Stop Drop And Roll

Re: M14 Rig

I think M14 mags fit in 7.62 style pouches, and there's a wide range of those available. They may even fit in pouches on standard assault vests.

Deciding what load-bearing equipment you require is entirely up to you, and depends on your style of play. It's horses for courses. If you like charging around like a blue-arsed fly, then perhaps you'd be better off with just a belt kit, instead of having a heavy vest weighing you down. If you're happier taking things a little slower, or you won't be crawling through the undergrowth, then a vest may be your best option. Seven is a lot of mags. Is that to last you all day, or will you be able to return to the safe zone/FOB to resupply?

Then you've got to decide how much you want to spend on your various pouches etc. Would (for example) a Viper belt and pouches suffice, or do you HAVE to have the absolute "dogs danglies" of everything. Will it enhance your game in any way?

Personally I swear by Pantac EV Universal Triple Mag Pouches. I have an AK and a G36, and they fit both those and STANAG mags, so I'm sure they'll fit M14 mags too. Stick a couple of those, plus a radio pouch, plus a utility pouch, on a MOLLE (or even a Viper Security Belt) belt with a yoke, and you've built yourself a much cheaper version of the popular EPHOD webbing.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

with my m14 i have 6 mags and i were a chest rig with souble m14 pouch on the front to hold 4 mags then i have a medic pouch which i keep 1 spare mag and bb's speed loader ect then i have a drop mag on the back of the rig and i have a few other pouchs on the front like pistol mags pouchs and admin pannel which i keep bandages and spare mag between games ect for me it works really well and cause its not a big rig i can move easy ill put some pics up later if you like

Comment

What i used for my m14, its expensive but as everything need. + fact its good for any gun that i change to.

http://highspeedgearinc.com/proddeta...-Denali&cat=50

Comment

Cheers for all the ideas
          Im still not sure as i do ALOT of crawling. I may only use 4 out of the 7 mags as 4 are mids the rest are highs and i like being sneaky. So yes maybe just a belt will be useful as then my L96 loadout will work with it as well.
          As long as i can fit the mag pouches, radio pouch and random stuff pouch ill be happy.
          All my guns I use on semi so i have no need for many mags now i think about it.
          "Doggies Danglerlies" i don't care about, if its comfy and carries what i need ill use it.
          Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Dr Find out more about The Dr
          Working...
          X