Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nam LRRP loadout

Hi Guys

im wanting to put together a nam LRRP loadout together like the one below.
    Where's the best place to find details on which is the correct clothing webbing etc?

im thinking tigerstripe.
    M56 webbing and thats about where my knowledge at the moment stops so any help would be appreciated. oh and also where to get decent kit i know SOF sells tiger stripe but im unsure of its quality.

James

Re: Nam LRRP loadout

Ebay and us sites are what I use but thats modern day.

Fyi tiger stripe is easy to buy but iirc it was worn by a 101st outfit called tiger force...read the book! Bloody mental!
    Tac Modded 2012 PTW
    C11 from Team Cobalt

Comment

I know its easy to buy mate i just want to get the right one, theres a lot of repros but i want to buy the best repro.
      Its either gonna be SOF or South east asia supply ?

If any Namsofters can tell me what webbing and boots they are wearing that would be great.
      I do have a pair of jungle boots but they dont look like them.
      Also is that M56 webbing?

ill have a read up on tiger force and Mike force aswell.

James

Comment

Webbing looks like M56 and boots appear to be Jungle but with the earlier Vibram type soles.

Comment

Hiya mate,

the SoF Tigers are very good quality, so are the east asia ones, I have a set of their gold tigers. With LRRP your not limited to just Tigerstripe, you can also wear ERDL camouflage as well or even a mixture of the two. SEAL's, Marines, LRRP, MAC V SOG etc all used the same camouflage, although their are different types of each. Different colours slightly different patterns etc.

If your interested in getting into the namsoft scene I suggest you get yourself on one of the nam specific airsoft forums, as you will be able to ask all the questions you need and will get all the right answers.

Heres a link to the UK based namsoft forum i'm a member of: http://s6.zetaboards.com/vietnamairsoft/index/

You are correct that a set of M56 webbing is the right way to go, but with the SF units you have a lot of leeway to be individual with your set up.

Heres a pic of me and one of my buddies at a walk on, i'm on the right in the East Asia Supply Gold tigers. Good illustration of how minimal or not the M56 can be set up!

Hope that's some help mate!

Cheers Phil
          Last edited by Fladewarn; 12 April, 2013, 23:55.
          GIT SUM: M14, AK47, M79, Thompson M1A1, M1911A1

Comment

Hello Mate cheers thats fantastic

the South east asia supply ones do look fantastic but i might go for SOF as they are cheaper, not usually something i do but ive got a lot of kit to buy in the next couple of months.
            btw picked up an m16 bayonet yesterday :D

ive got a full set of M56 now except the buttpack any advice?
            and with LRRP was it very individualised in terms of webbing?

oh and ive signed up to that forum :D

James

Comment

Hiya,

Glad to hear you've got yourself on the forum buddy, good place to source kit and get help with your load out like I said.

For LRRP you don't have to have a buttpack, a lot of guys didn't and used the free space on the belt for extra water canteens, ammo pouches etc.

Problem with that is the standard Harness isn't long enough to reach the belt, but there is an extra long version.

Sourcing kit can be a pain, as said I bought a lot of my gear of guys on the nam forum, but have also picked up items from ebay and SoF.

Had my first nam outing of the year at my local site yesterday, here's a pic of my buddy and I, this time wearing ERDL's. Interesting comparison in this picture as my buddy is wearing a set of SoF repro's while my set are original.

Wasn't uncommon for guys to use captured AK's. The chicom rig, worn under my M56 was also a popular bit of kit, not just for AK mags but also to hold m16 and m14 mags.

Be good to see you get involved with the nam forum with some kit pics, whats your forum name? Mine is Death Warrant if you ever want to drop me a PM. We also have a couple of vets from stateside and a number of nam re-enactors to help point you in the right direction too, don't know where I would be without all their help and advice.

A word of warning, once you start you WILL catch the bug and want to put together more load outs. I started off with LRRP and had planned to stick with it. I'm now close to having a USMC Force Recon load out complete too.

Hope that's of help to you buddy, hope to see you in the long grass some time in the future.

Till then stay frosty troop!

Cheers Phil
              GIT SUM: M14, AK47, M79, Thompson M1A1, M1911A1

Comment

Kit depends wildly on unit, year and area.

Special forces mike force teams used to wear tailor made tigers as the indigenous sets were too small for them.

Really early MACV-SOG wore regular jungle fatigues either spray camoed black or dyed black and often with copies of NVA pith helmets so their silouhettes looked the same.

Again in the early years some guys wore 'duckhunter' pattern.

M56 was worn but a lot of WWII and Korean era webbing was worn (the WWII us BAR belt held more 20 round m16 mags than m56 could).

Boots were either regular us army leather boots, WWII issue jungle boots, 60s pattern jungle boots or locally made baseball boot type boots.

It's honestly very very varied depending on the unit and the time period... you're looking at a ten year war with SF involvement from the early 60s to 1973!

Here's my old LRRP kit. I wear tigers with M56 webbing, a chicom chest rig, a captured AK (often done so you wouldnt have a distinctive 5.56 report) and a 'drive on rag' sweat towel.

as for 'tigers', its worth noting that Gordon Rotman (quite a well known author and ex vietnam SF green beret) recounts that the resupply of tiger stripe uniforms they were frequently sent (they rotted off in a week on patrol) never matched... apparently no two sets were the same.

They also never sewed insignia on as firstly they didnt want to look any different from the 'strikers' or to give away who they were and secondly it was pointless as the kit was unservicable after a week or two and it was a waste of time sewing it on. Original items with insif on are usually shirts worn while on R&R or base to let people know you were a bit 'badass' but insig was nearly never worn in the field.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jamesb0551 Current ww2 and maybe 80's reenactor getting into airsoft :D Find out more about jamesb0551
                Working...
                X