2013 Circa 75th Ranger Kit Advice and "area"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Circa 75th Ranger Kit Advice and "area"

Ye tried putting together a 2010 Ranger circa kit a while back and as time has passed so has technology and preference. Therefore I have felt a need to also update my kit accordingly. However I respect people's experience and knowledge of these elements and so am requesting that I could receive some advice as to go about forming a new kit based on what the tin says, in accordance to the following pics I found on the Ranger Facebook Page (basically having trouble recognising what type of helmets they are using and colour of their, what I think are EPC's etc etc.):

Lots of images will make it nice and easy right? Since all I'm asking basically with all dis formal language, is for a kit (to me shopping) list. Thanks in advance and more appreciated if you can help.

P.S This would also be an ideal place to post any of your WIP Ranger pieces you may have .
    sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Re: 2013 Circa 75th Ranger Kit Advice and "area"

Helmet:
    FAST Maritime (good luck getting one of those) or FAST ballistic high cut (the DragonRed repro is nice). The MICH 2000 is rare now.
    Comtacs
    Manta strobe
    Wilcox L4G24 (repro availible) or ANVIS (Bloody expensive resin repros available)
    Loots like the first picture the guy has a princetontec MPLS as well

1st Line:
    Riggers belt/War Belt MJK

2nd Line:
    EI MBAV MJK
    CIRAS or MSAP shoulder pads
    RLCS/BFG/TT etc. pouches in MJK or Multicam

Clothing:
    Crye Combat shirt AC multicam
    -or-
    Combat Shirt Gen 3

Crye Combat trousers AC multicam w/ AirFLex Kneepads

Boots:
    Merrels, solomons, generic hiking boots

Misc:
    Retention Lanyard
    PRC-152
    CAT Tourniquet

Sorry its basic but hey ho.

Comment

Na that's a start which is always the best way to go about things, however have not been able to find an EI MBAV nevermind MJK on their website, is it possible that they have put MJK as khaki or tan or CB on their website and also wether an MBAV is the equivalent to this: http://www.eagleindustries.com/produ...il.aspx?id=187 .Thanks though for the basic overlay and stuff.
      sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

If I were you I would search for an EI Eagle Plate Carrier (EPC) with Cummerbund on a certain auction site, there you'll find it in MJK (Matt Johnson Khaki). But I assume the Khaki you mentioned is the same.

*EDIT: Sorry just clicked your link, for the look that is the same. The difference between the MBAV and the EPC is the sewn-in soft armour on the MBAV. So if you don't need ballistic protection the EPC w/C is fine and considerably cheaper. And gloves are Oakleys, Mechanix or Blackhawk!

Comment

Theres an eagle pc for sale on here mate

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ighlight=eagle

Comment

I'm not sure if a L/XL is too big for me as I small(er) but my genes are making me much big(er), any idea on what sort of torso length and chest size this is suited for or anything.
            sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

I'm 6'0 and weigh 83kg with an athletic build and I wear a L/XL and it fits alright (maybe a little big). The S/M PC has one less row of MOLLE, depends how small you are now and how quick you intend to grow...

*EDIT: Here's me in my EPC judge for yourself how you think the fit looks

Comment

Im a small aswell around 38"-39" chest and have a small eagle pc and its a pretty tight fit, Not sure what fittment a large would be.

Comment

Mack whack up a comparison pic? My Shirt size is a 15 which I think is 38" and I'm wearing a L/XL in my pic...

Comment

Well I'm at the moment around 5'10"-5'11" and am have grown an inch a month for a while I think and meant to keep it up in spurts till I reach around 6'3" give or take, so I guess a L/XL with a large/athletic build (maybe around 90kg+, dependent on what my DNA decides to do I guess). So I would've thought therefore it would be ideal to purchase an L/XL as I am relatively soon to grow into it, since it's snug for you at 6'0".

- - - Updated - - -

On another note that is a very nice kit setup, is that a PC bought from the guy you suggested by the way.
                    sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

This is a small size one, Im about 5ft 9" and its a tight enough fit on me, although my beer belly is rapidly increasing in size

Comment

So when I start a Ranger thread it gets made into a USSF thread.......

Comment

uhhhhhhhh what?
                          sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Curry View Post
                            Well I'm at the moment around 5'10"-5'11" and am have grown an inch a month for a while I think and meant to keep it up in spurts till I reach around 6'3" give or take, so I guess a L/XL with a large/athletic build (maybe around 90kg+, dependent on what my DNA decides to do I guess). So I would've thought therefore it would be ideal to purchase an L/XL as I am relatively soon to grow into it, since it's snug for you at 6'0".

- - - Updated - - -

On another note that is a very nice kit setup, is that a PC bought from the guy you suggested by the way.
                            Thanks, I actually bought it a couple years ago off a certain auction site for £50. The one on sale here is still an incredibly good price. But yeah, definitely go for a L/XL if you're gonna shoot up to 6'3"! And nice_guy_andy was referencing the fact that when he set up a rangers thread a while ago the mods turned it into the USSF thread contrary to his wishes.

Comment

Ok kk and thanks for the advice. Plus Rangers aren't actually USSF are they but more USSOF.

- - - Updated - - -

Also are your multicam BDU's Genuine Crye precision or a clone brand by the way as Crye is a little unaffordable for myself at the moment and was wondering if a clone brand such as Emerson is a inexpensive equivalent and alternative.
                              sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bam Curry Find out more about Bam Curry
                              Working...
                              X