X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC Khaki Kit?

Hi,

I'm trying to get my airsoft loadout to look a lot like this:

I'm a huge fan of this look and want to know a lot about the basic information, as I just found this on the internet and immediately loved it.

I looked up some of the things that are worn here and would like to know what to add/if this would work:

What I already have (probably needs a better look-at by you guys):
    Tan Vest - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181072321994?var=480214601377
    Tan Face Mask - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320980954521?var=510078873681
    Tan Helmet - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221211576313?var=520140527336
    Tan Shemagh - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290726170336
    Black Gloves - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370626923241

Tan/Khaki whatever the colour is meant to be! :P

What I need to add:
    Goggles (something I can wear over my normal glasses)?
    Top?
    Trousers?
    Head comms/mic?

I'm planning on buying a VFC HK416 and don't know about the pistol yet. I would like to know how much the kit overall would cost, because I'm probably going to be buying it slowly over a few months (starting with headgear ofc)

My budget for the entirety of this gear is around £200 would like to go below that but can stretch it much higher depending on how realistic I can look
    This is something I want to permanently wear so I'm willing to pay over a grand in the end if need be for good quality gear that can last like 5 or more years.

You sure that is USMC?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: USMC Khaki Kit?

Lol

Like I say I would like some basic information! :P

No, I'm not sure of it at all actually. Heck it looks cool and I want it, that's the TL;DR of my post.

I'm guessing because you've said that, is it British then? I guess it is, just looked up some desert/khaki/tan shirts and most of them say BRITISH ARMY SURPLUS.

Comment

No expert on Kit etc BUT I do have the following thoughts:

TBH if you look at the flags, they look like French flags to me - although you're right the desert camo they're wearing looks very British DDPM. The pistol does also look very SIG 226'y to me, although I don't know what the French use?
        Plus the vest they're wearing aren't tan - looks like they're wearing an OD molle vest - can't tell exactly, but it looks like it could either be a RICAS compact style or a chest rig style vest. You've then got a load of woodland camo (and that does look like the French woodland to me) pouches.

The gloves can generally be any old black gloves.
        Helmet wise, I think the MICH is the right shape - but they've got plain desert covers on, rather than the tacticool rails and NVG mount (although you can always take those off!)

Purely cosmetic, you'd then want some cheap goggles to mount on the helmet (some BOLLE X800 clones or similar would do the job here, basically something to go on the helmet with a cover)

I can't tell what sort of comms he has, but anything you get on with would work there. Note the remote PTT button mounted just above the pistol.

It all depends how accurate you'd want to be really.
        Only thing in your list I would say no to would be the vest, it's very "old school SWAT" style

Oh incidentally, might wanna read up on the forum rules - you've provided several links to another retailer (I know, shock horror, who knew they existed!) which isn't allowed.

Comment

they are czech's in Afghan
          Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Aah, that would make sense, did think the flag was a little bit off to be French

Comment

Originally posted by Xxerox View Post
              No expert on Kit etc BUT I do have the following thoughts:

TBH if you look at the flags, they look like French flags to me - although you're right the desert camo they're wearing looks very British DDPM. The pistol does also look very SIG 226'y to me, although I don't know what the French use?
              Plus the vest they're wearing aren't tan - looks like they're wearing an OD molle vest - can't tell exactly, but it looks like it could either be a RICAS compact style or a chest rig style vest. You've then got a load of woodland camo (and that does look like the French woodland to me) pouches.

The gloves can generally be any old black gloves.
              Helmet wise, I think the MICH is the right shape - but they've got plain desert covers on, rather than the tacticool rails and NVG mount (although you can always take those off!)

Purely cosmetic, you'd then want some cheap goggles to mount on the helmet (some BOLLE X800 clones or similar would do the job here, basically something to go on the helmet with a cover)

I can't tell what sort of comms he has, but anything you get on with would work there. Note the remote PTT button mounted just above the pistol.

It all depends how accurate you'd want to be really.
              Only thing in your list I would say no to would be the vest, it's very "old school SWAT" style

Oh incidentally, might wanna read up on the forum rules - you've provided several links to another retailer (I know, shock horror, who knew they existed!) which isn't allowed.

Hey,

thanks for the information.

Tell me what you think on these vests (no links to a certain site this time):

£44 - http://i.ebayimg.com/t/FSBE-style-MO...fp+EQ~~_12.JPG
              £60 - http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MIL-TEC-MODUL...cvw~~60_12.JPG

lol at those long linsk.

What kind of trousers should I be looking at? It doesn't show on these pictures so I am lost there :D

As for the goggles should I be looking for any specific colour? (Can't seem to find "airsoft goggles cover" anywhere)

£20 - http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VIPER-TACTICA...0qw~~60_12.JPG
              £15 - http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Warfighters-S...8,Q~~60_12.JPG

I found this desert british helmets:

£28 - http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/6/6...5552958_tp.jpg

Comment

See here for that picture and others for reference:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...mber-19th-2008

Definitely Czech army in Afghan, circa 2008.
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

To be honest, you'd be better off looking for one second hand - nothing wrong with the ones you've linked to, and they'd all fit the style you're looking for, but for the price, they aren't the best brand (as an example, I got myself a Warrior Centurion Chest Rig for £50 which is a lot better quality and will outlast any of the ones you've linked). Just looking at the other pics, I think that definitely looks like a RICAS to me - at least the main guy in your PIC anyway. A few of the others look like they might have chest rigs as the panel going around their sides joins to the back panel with clips.

For the goggles, trying searching for BOLLE X800 (or any of the clones) - again, second hand especially as you won't be wearing these. When I got mine they had the cover that'll look the part.
                  In terms of something to wear, what the guy in the pic is wearing look like they could be something like Daisy C5 (google them) or similar. You can get these with prescription inserts. Alternatively, any of the large goggles should go over the top (again, the Bolle X800 type may work for you there, I know I've seen some people use them over glasses with success) - have a quick search over the forum, there are many threads on this topic already.

Trousers, just go for same camo as on top - any of the desert camos will do, if you're looking exactly as on that pic, I think you want Brit Desert DPM (very cheap to get hold of second hand now)

Helmet - you can stick with what you linked earlier and just get a desert camo cover for it (again, very cheap) and unscrew the rails and NVG mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                    See here for that picture and others for reference:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...mber-19th-2008

Definitely Czech army in Afghan, circa 2008.
                    Thanks.

This one, definitely: http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7...arzari0vu4.jpg is my favourite lol I want to mimick this but add US logo patches instead of the czech one.

Comment

Why so keen on being US?

If it's what you want it's what you want, but to replicate that kit cheaply you're best off doing as others have suggested and using a British DDPM base, some sort of decent OD chest rig (like a Warrior 901) or OD plate carrier (like a Warrior RICAS) and whacking on pouches in British DPM 95 or some other woodland design. If you do that and then stick US patches on it's going to look like a really confused US loadout. Mind you, I'm not a loadout geardo and wouldn't care less, and other loadout geardos who do can screw themselves, so it's just about how 'authentic' you want to be.
                      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                        Why so keen on being US?

If it's what you want it's what you want, but to replicate that kit cheaply you're best off doing as others have suggested and using a British DDPM base, some sort of decent OD chest rig (like a Warrior 901) or OD plate carrier (like a Warrior RICAS) and whacking on pouches in British DPM 95 or some other woodland design. If you do that and then stick US patches on it's going to look like a really confused US loadout. Mind you, I'm not a loadout geardo and wouldn't care less, and other loadout geardos who do can screw themselves, so it's just about how 'authentic' you want to be.
                        Lol,

I'm not that keen on being US, it's just that some of the logos and mottos they have are better. I guess you're right though. Do you know any decent british patches or the ones with the better mottos/insignias?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Xxerox View Post
                        To be honest, you'd be better off looking for one second hand - nothing wrong with the ones you've linked to, and they'd all fit the style you're looking for, but for the price, they aren't the best brand (as an example, I got myself a Warrior Centurion Chest Rig for £50 which is a lot better quality and will outlast any of the ones you've linked). Just looking at the other pics, I think that definitely looks like a RICAS to me - at least the main guy in your PIC anyway. A few of the others look like they might have chest rigs as the panel going around their sides joins to the back panel with clips.

For the goggles, trying searching for BOLLE X800 (or any of the clones) - again, second hand especially as you won't be wearing these. When I got mine they had the cover that'll look the part.
                        In terms of something to wear, what the guy in the pic is wearing look like they could be something like Daisy C5 (google them) or similar. You can get these with prescription inserts. Alternatively, any of the large goggles should go over the top (again, the Bolle X800 type may work for you there, I know I've seen some people use them over glasses with success) - have a quick search over the forum, there are many threads on this topic already.

Trousers, just go for same camo as on top - any of the desert camos will do, if you're looking exactly as on that pic, I think you want Brit Desert DPM (very cheap to get hold of second hand now)

Helmet - you can stick with what you linked earlier and just get a desert camo cover for it (again, very cheap) and unscrew the rails and NVG mount.
                        Thanks for all of the help xxerox,

what is the difference between a plate carrier & a chest rig? is one superior or something?

Found these second hand guys, don't know if the owner still exists or anything like: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?200836-Bolle-X800-Replicas

as for the goggles to wear, should I buy some real X800s like you mention or will that look too strange?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

redtango Find out more about redtango
                        Working...
                        X