somalia 1993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: somalia 1993

Finally succeeded in getting the correct ANVIS 6 battery pack.

section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Wow that looks great, how's the balance with the pack on the back?
      I just scored a period correct radio prop, possibly a correct early pattern aimpoint and a load of alice gear used in black hawk down.

Comment

Balance is ok if you drop or leave the cells out.
        The pack itself is really the counter balance for the goggles (not that I have the goggles or batteries lol).

You have a rubber prop radio too?
        Same, a rubber Motorola mx300-r.
        If you are on Facebook and not already in it, check out American Forces 1980-2010 group.
        Guys on there are top line, also has close links to 'living history' re-enactment group.
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah I think its an mx300 type. Thanks for that group, it looks like a great source of info. Tracking down a lot of the gear nowadays is really hard due to the lack of real surplus stores.

Comment

Tell me about it.
            Took me 4-5 months to track Down ANVIS mount and pack and the headset.

Comment

Yep just dug through my kit store, it's a Motorola MX300-R, pretty massive bit of tech! -

IMAG0018.jpgIMAG0019.jpg

Comment

Mine stowed away.

Comment

Does that rig attach to the vest? I'm currently running a separate arctis style rig in black with the radio stuffed into an Alice 30rd pouch. I was just about to do a photo of my gear when the motor baseplate on my M733 shattered!

Comment

It just goes over the top like other ones.
                    It's an AWS strike vest.

Comment

Aah, right. The ones I found of those are surprisingly affordable! Might have to pick one up. I'll try and at least get a snap of my gear laid out tomorrow.

Comment

AWS strike?
                        The only one I've seen that's reasonable price and easily obtained is the Toysoldier one which is the repro, the one I have.
                        Other than that, most are still under ITAR so are damn hard to get.

Comment

Yeah that's the one I saw. Looks really nice, my rig is great for when I want to carry different weapons (Mp5, M14, etc) but its a little bulky and sits quite high although this can be handy when going prone, Might keep it for solely M14 and sniper use.

Comment

About 90-95% complete now.

Comment

Man, I love "old school" kit just as much as my AOR1&2, in fact I think I prefer Tri-colour dessies.

Lovely kit Sean. Dead jealous.
                              "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                              Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Cheers mate.
                                Taking so much longer than I expected though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wringo Find out more about wringo
                                Working...
                                X