Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: United States Special Forces

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    Guys, I'm after a little bit of help on a current project.
    Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    Im thinking of doing the woodland one and dirtying it down. The pic is hard to distinguish but it certainly resembles a woodland pattern.
    It's incredibly difficult to find the AWS rigs, the repro version has - I think - been out of stock in most places for a good amount of time now. To get an accurate load-out, or at least one that people should realise is CAG/AFO then you need the right rig. To be brutally honest, I wouldn't go with an Arktis (or DPM) rig fullstop - run this with civvies in a similar manner to the reference pic originally posted and people are going to think SBS (and a small team of SBS guys were operating with CAG/AFO at the time that pic was taken). You'd maybe be better off going for something like the older style universal chest rig, as seen on the left of this pic (CAG with Canadian Army, post Tora Bora IIRC):

Pretty sure that these can still be found floating around either in repro or genuine form, if so go for a solid colour - black or OD/OG. Failing that then the rig posted by SBS Rusty, in either US woodland camo (M81) or a solid colour like black or preferably OD/OG would be the next best thing - with a bit of a spray with some paint and a good battering it should look about right (FYI Blackhawk! made a version of these rigs, and these can be found on ebay at times for very little money).

Comment

Put these on 'Pictures of your gear' already, But wanted to put a pic of my homemade 'Slap Charge' And homemade pouch for Fenrisianspirit

Comment

BOOM!!!

Hehe, as its foam I guess you could use it in CQB as well. xD
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

a slow attempt of mine for USSF, altough it was originally meant to be UKF

going to be swapping my camo for some actual AOR2 eventually. not using the ESS NVG's on my FAST, I just had them on for the sake of it. need Salomon's and belt kit needs completely changing. Changing over my IRR Jacks for a set of stars and stripes. Might get a real steel set of sordins as well, but running a bowman style headset at the mo.

oh, and need facial hair...
          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
            BOOM!!!

Hehe, as its foam I guess you could use it in CQB as well. xD
            Further to your comment about making them 'live', I've had the thought of cutting a little Mk5 size hole in the bottom and sticking some double sided tape on the side of the charge... That'd look pretty awesome imo... pointless though haha.

Comment

Here's a snapshot of the gear that I'm running at the moment - I've not got any pictures of me in the field wearing it which is unfortunate but you get the idea. The lighting doesn't do justice to how good the quality of Allwin's AOR2 gear really is. Fantastic gear, worn it non-stop since I bought it in early December and I love it personally.

Comment

nice to know the allwin stuff is gravy. imma be buyin!
                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
                  nice to know the allwin stuff is gravy. imma be buyin!
                  Yeah dude it's great. I compared it to some old Toy Soldier AOR2 I had and although the Toy Soldier stuff was still a little bit better, the Allwin stuff is a definite winner. Plus it's a few hundred bucks cheaper which is always nice.

Comment

aye, very pointless idea Pricey but it just screams win!!! would be fun to use sumet like that in room clearing/breaching practice

Comment

Got a decent in-game photo that shows the kit on me which is nice. Switched to my AOR1 shirt halfway through the day as I got way too hot. Also please excuse the upper receiver, my CQBR is being fitted with a new rail more accurate to my loadout as we speak.

Comment

The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

NSWDG loadout fully done now

Here's some piccy's:

Comment

Some fine work!

My Dual Downlead Sordins are finally in my possession so I've been "getting acclimatised"... Read; wearing them for the last 12 hours for no good reason.

Comment

wat....

two leads for two different radios??

My Salomons are on the way, and so is my Allwin AOR2.
                              The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Yep! 2 leads, 2 radios... One for command net, the other for squad/local net... Also comes in handy when administrating.marshalling at games... you can have an "in game" radio and a marshall net radio to keep track of things.

Did you go for Quests?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nice_guy_andy Find out more about nice_guy_andy
                                Working...
                                X