Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: United States Special Forces

Originally posted by Sgt_bob View Post
    @Nickona: what time frame are you going for mate?
    If you're going for ultra modern you're gonna want to switch it up a bit...
    But first observation would be to use a tan PACA, swap to a TATM long/short with norotos 3pt or norotos universal. Woodland cryes/bdus.
    PM me if you want more info as I'm getting into a MARSOC kit at the moment.
    Not ultra modern. The SEALs side will be with M81 and DCU and for MARSOC I've got woodland MARPAT
    Like I said I know I need a tan PACA but I could not find one anywhere and the MBSS didn't fit right without a PACA so I just went for the ranger green as its not that noticeable esp with the woodland camies!

As for the helmet I know the NVGs and mounts etc aren't correct and Im not planning on changing it anytime soon mainly due to budget constraints but also as can be seen that the MBSS is both for MARSOC and SEAL but the MICH also has to do for UKSF/SFSG and US Army SF loadouts and the rhino mount just seems to be the most general. and I also like the 3x magnification on the PVS-14
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

SF lids

Maritime

Full kit pics to come when my JPC MBITR pouches come

Comment

Got an AVS today, so thought I'd post some pics of my WIP USSF loadout:

There are bits I need to sort out still like an L4G24, replace the SFLCS pouches with SOFLCS/Crye/BFG, fix my MBITR...

Comment

Looking good, the AVS (looks very familiar) and Maritime bring it right up-to-date with some very recent pics indeed (well, except the AVS but it's not totally unbelievable that someone might be running one). There's a few bits that need tweaking, like you've already mentioned the SFLCS pouches need swapping out - I'd personally go for SOFLCS, TYR Tactical, Tactical Tailor etc. and not Crye. The PEQ-2 needs swapping for a PEQ-15. SF tend to be running battlebelts with holsters mounted, plus additional pouches rather than droplegs - however if you still want to run a dropleg then I'd maybe consider removing the uppermost leg strap (as used to be done with Safarilands). The riggers belt looks very bright (maybe that's just the light), and speaking from experience is not very good at supporting a dropleg. The mag pouches on the back of the rig, unless you've someone who can reach them for you I'd consider removing them and replacing them with an easier to reach mag pouch close to your other mag pouches. All that being said, it's a very good kit!

Comment

Just been looking through some more recent pics and have spotted an AVS in use, so scratch that bit I said previously about it being possible that it's in use. Also spotted an alternative set-up to the dropleg/riggers belt which I also mentioned - riggers belt/belt mounted. That'd be another option to consider.

Comment

Mix of PJs and rangers, but I think the AVS won the SOCOM contract so it'll start being seen soon I think. I've still got an MBAV, but am currently selling it.
              Yeah, I'm trying to get a PEQ-15 with a battery in it, but they're out of stick everywhere! I'm gonna swap to a safariland with the UBL mod when I swap side arms and I keep meaning to buy a better riggers belt, but might go for the crye system as that's started to see use too. I use the pouches on my back for smokes usually so a buddy will take them out but I'm gonna change it for a yote or crye assault back panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_bob View Post
                Weapon set-up, MICH 2000 with rails, ANVIS ground adapter and a Glock would strongly point to this one actually being SF. It's not uncommon for them to be pictured training with Jordanian SF at their CQB training site near Amman, as I suspect this pic is.

I keep forgetting that the AVS won the USSOCOM contract to replace the MBAV, good job I forgot otherwise I might have snapped up the AVS from Jim .

Here's a couple of pics from late last month, which whilst not that great, both show someone using an AVS within an ODA in Afghanistan (zip on inside rear of rear plate bag (top pic, centre rear) and the shoulder strap at the rear of the AVS just about visible in the pics):

A Crye assaulters panel is good, but - and this is just my personal POV - starts crossing over ever so slightly towards CAG (when I see them). Plenty of other options around to get you a similar set up without potentially having to drop the sort of money Crye panels go for (when you can find one). To give you an idea, on my MBAV I'm running a Paraclete utility pouch for my hydro, and a pair of small square utility pouches for an IFAK and other non-essentials, whilst on my JPC I've got a Mayflower assaulters panel. Impact grenades are carried within reach on the side of the JPC, and in a Paraclete firing pouch on the front of my MBAV. Here's another, again very recent, pic for inspiration:

He's got a couple of what I believe are Eagle/Allied Industries flashbang pouches on the back of his MBAV, pretty sure that these are available on eBay.

Comment

Yeah I'm toying around with the idea of pouches on the back panel. I really like the TYR (I think) back panel, crye ones are stupid expensive but so sexy haha. Tempted to go for a yote though. You mind posting pics of your JPC set up? Haha yeah I thought F*** it I'm going to treat myself to Jim's AVS, sorry mate.

Comment

Load out looks great, really glad it's gone to a good home

And Rob, you got my JPC so alls fair here lol.

Whilst here, I'll throw up a pic of my nearly complete CPC, no reference to back up the pouch layout or usuage, just my own interpretation, NSW inspired.

image by Jimmy Pie, on Flickr

Lots of Crye and Eagle goodness
                    Instagram = No1jimmypie https://instagram.com/no1jimmypie/

Comment

Dat CPC.... The curse of buying gear, the day you start is the day you become forever poor...

Comment

Thought this might fit in here

Comment

2 prc 152? Never seen that before, usually its 148 and 152
                          148 for chat net and 152 for air support/command
                          Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

my bad, Ive incorrectly asumed it was 2 152's
                            Hard to tell from photos sometimes

Comment

Looking good there mack!

Comment

Here's what I'm working on at the moment.

section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nice_guy_andy Find out more about nice_guy_andy
                                Working...
                                X