US Army Infantry, Afghanistan 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army Infantry, Afghanistan 2011

I must first state this is not my work, I have taken it from a military site outlining the latest 2011 Afghanistan equipment. I have hosted the pictures myself to prevent them getting lost.

"To paraphrase Shakespeare: MultiCam by any other name, is MultiCam just the same.

It seems that the US Army’s latest attempt to re-state the bleeding obvious is to call the MultiCam uniform and equipment ensemble being rolled out for troops in Afghanistan is the “Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern (OCP) Uniform”. First it was, sensibly, referred to as as the “Afghanistan MultiCam Uniform (AMU)”, then the alphabet soup name of the ”Operation Enduring Freedom Fire-Retardant Uniform (OEF FRACU)”. Frankly, the first one was the best – this latest name would imply that a special camo pattern was developed especially for OEF (which isn’t the case), and its not even a fully appropriate as an abbreviation, technically it should really be “OEFCPU”.

Whatever…. the really important things are the timeframe for roll-out, and the fact that the soldiers’ full equipment issue will be done in MultiCam (or whatever other names the Army comes up with for it)"

If you don’t need all the hard-core features, or can’t afford a pair, of the spanky new Danner Mountain Combat Boots (pictured above), you could always try its civilian cousin – Danner’s “Talus” hiking boot.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Re: US Army Infantry, Afghanistan 2011

Nice find. Good to see the States has finally seen the light on the camouflage front.

Comment

finally seen sense after declining the multicam

Comment

very nice dont like the boots tho

Comment

Ugh, not looking forward to my unit getting the Brit equivalent next year . . . pics shall be up
          Originally posted by The Laughing Man
          Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
            Ugh, not looking forward to my unit getting the Brit equivalent next year . . . pics shall be up
            Going on Herrick next year are we? See you there! *Groan* - More frigging kit to try find somewhere to store. And yes, i will be using it for airsofting when im home!

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
              Going on Herrick next year are we? See you there! *Groan* - More frigging kit to try find somewhere to store. And yes, i will be using it for airsofting when im home!
              Nah mate, I'm at a static posting. Part of an elite close support troop that assists with the exercises on Salisbury Plain. We also do a lot of Demo's for government ministers - "Here's what the British Army can do" - sort of stuff. Including Firepower demo's :D (An example - Anyone see the Toip Gear last series [I think] where they shot the crap out of that drug dealers Evo? Remember when the Trojan picked it up? Yeeeeah . . . That's one of our tanks & our blokes crewing it lol).
              So we're supposed to get the new uniform before the rest of the field army (I mean non-operationally obviously).
              Originally posted by The Laughing Man
              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
                Nah mate, I'm at a static posting. Part of an elite close support troop that assists with the exercises on Salisbury Plain. We also do a lot of Demo's for government ministers - "Here's what the British Army can do" - sort of stuff. Including Firepower demo's :D (An example - Anyone see the Toip Gear last series [I think] where they shot the crap out of that drug dealers Evo? Remember when the Trojan picked it up? Yeeeeah . . . That's one of our tanks & our blokes crewing it lol).
                So we're supposed to get the new uniform before the rest of the field army (I mean non-operationally obviously).
                m8 you have such a cool job, respect to u and all the troops defending our shores..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePope Find out more about ThePope
                Working...
                X