Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

US Special forces afghan Shawl Or Cape thing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Special forces afghan Shawl Or Cape thing..

Right

i have been looking at this piece of kit for a while...

its a type of long shawl/ blanket/ cape style thing that goes over the operational kit

this is what im after,

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9...gknhnph7pm.jpg

i was wondering what this is and where i would get one??

please help

:D
    Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Re: US Special forces afghan Shawl Or Cape thing..

Just a plain Poncho isn't it?

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

im sure its a fabric blanket type of thing wrapped around
      Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

this is by no means the exact answer to your question but from all the books ive read on the early war in Afghan, blankets like the ones pictures were aquired once on the ground from locals as with all the other local dress, in books they are refered to as horse blankets alot, guess its just a case of finding the right size/colour blanket and wearing it as comfortably and practically as possible, sorry cant help with a source im currently looking for one myself

Comment

No problem thats what i wanted to hear as blankets are easy to find :D
          Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

As I am currently in Afghan I feel fairly confident answering this one!

The blankets are just that, 100% cotton in a dark colour. I would suggest looking around your local markets. If I wasn't out of here in 2 days I would have looked into getting one for you!

Hope this helps.

James
            Team Chimera Captain.
            Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
            TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

Ta mate much appreciated will be looking around my local shops
              Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the necro post, but Iv been looking at this sort of thing myself, Iv found the Pakol at zeroone which is handy, but from what Iv read the blanket/shawl things are 100% wool (local resource, and I think its lambs wool). Im thinking may be a military style wool blanket will work, but shouldnt be too difficult to find.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Further update, I now have a pakol hat and after studying a lot of pictures I found a common trend with the taliban which is they use Russian military issue blankets which there is a lot of in Afghanistan, so I have now ordered one from the bay of E, the shop is a surplus store in Pompey. My next descision is what trousers to go for, I have seen photos of guys on the Devgru Taliban hunt wearing what look like US tri colour which is easy to get, but I suppose there is really no specific kit as to what they do. Once I'm done I'll get some pics up and hope it works!
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

samus3366 Find out more about samus3366
                  Working...
                  X