• Show
Clear All

• Autonomous sniper loadout

1x L-96
    1x M-4
    1x Semi-auto sidearm
    I am also in the process of making a two-piece ghillie suit

Re: Autonomous sniper loadout

Either my computer doesn't want to load the picture(s) or you haven't posted any.
    And why is an Autonomous sniper loadout in the American section?
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Sorry, I was on tapatalk, so I didn't get any descriptions of the section I was posting in. Anyway, I didn't post any pics yet, they will come soon

Comment

Sounds like you're to be bogged down carrying loads of guns round. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah mate I agree with Ben here...I know it seems like a good idea to have a full auto rifle with ya, but it really does bog you down. I tried it at the weekender. Had an L96, AK and duel Hi Capas. Didnt even need the AK in the end, and in fact it just made me very slow company lol.

Comment

i know a couple of snipers on site that only play with the vsr. trusting in their ghillie suit and their tactics to keep them out of close range combat.

im not so trusting so carry a 1911 with me. i wouldnt say a full auto backup is necissary at all. itll make you a slower noiser target when moving. well it does with me anyway. keep it light and fast :-) vsr, 1911. belt molle with mags radio and pistol serpa :-)
            TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

well this loadout is good for me, because i am cqc and sniper on my team, so yeah, a long-a** sniper barrel is quite a tip off to people in a room, so i carry around the m-4 for that reason, as well as the fact that i do not have a spotter to cover me.

Comment

You dont really need a spotter in airsoft....at the end of the day, the ranges in airsoft arent large enough to warrant a "spotter", and a spotter will also attract attention. Better to stay as quite as you can with just a sniper and a pistol...perhaps an aep as a compromise? Something like a TM MP5k or a TM MP7 can be easily holstered, but are as capable as alot of AEGs

Comment

Originally posted by AVR-30 View Post
                  well this loadout is good for me, because i am cqc and sniper on my team, so yeah, a long-a** sniper barrel is quite a tip off to people in a room, so i carry around the m-4 for that reason, as well as the fact that i do not have a spotter to cover me.
                  You're either equipped for CQC or you're a sniper, your team organisation sounds crap.

Comment

We have like 3 people right now, it sucks, but I have to do it for now

Comment

Leave the sniper rifle behind then, or just use the pistol for close quarters. You'll be a jangling mess of guns with all of them.

Comment

I agree with the above suggestion, ditch the M4 and take a MP7, MP5k or some other short AEG instead of the pistol if you really want some CQC full auto capabilities.
                        Although, pistols are perfectly capable within a CQC environment if used properly.

Comment

Plus, if you are the sniper, you should be watching over the target building whilst the other team members clear it...

Radio in to them instructions of any movement you see from a concealed position. That's how the pros do it, usually with multiple sniper teams. You'd be surprised how much more effective a clearing team can be when well directed, especially if you are able to harass the target through windows/doors and prevent them moving easily.

Comment

It's also why drag bags were invented, a sniper would use a normal auto capable rifle when moving carrying a drag bag on their back, when they get close enough, they go prone and attached the bag to their ankle and drag it to the location slowly and quietly, once there and secured then the long gun comes out and the secondary stays nearby!
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Using a drag bag in airsoft? Ha! Imagine the arguments that would cause... Real life, maybe, but i'd say the ranges involved in airsoft preclude it from being viable...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AVR-30 Find out more about AVR-30
                              Working...
                              X