• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this kit pass off as nam

kit list is

old german og field jacket i think
    old german og shirt
    dutch, german or british og trousers (still trying to get some)
    58 webbing

i know this isnt proper but will it do just for a one off?

Re: will this kit pass off as nam

Probably NOT at a re-enacting event, but a 'normal' modern airsoft event it would be fine!

Comment

i'd say no completely. I don't do 'nam soft or know much about the vietnam war, but I can 100% say the British and Germans wern't involved. I'm sure there are some guys on these forums plus others who do 'nam soft that could help you out.
      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

i dont mean like nam soft but that might happen im not sure but with proper stuff. its just for some reason the m14 seems to be winning me over, I don't want to like it but I can't help my self and I don't think my dpms go with one and figured I might aswell use some kit iv got that goes better with it than dpms. then if I like the style I can invest in nam stuff

edit oh and the trousers thing is because i know where to get those types cheap but where ill get them from dont stock yank stuff

Comment

you'd be better off talking to someone who's into nam soft really. There's a fella on these forums who's into nam soft (I think) Can't remember his name though.
          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

oh yes I just thought I'm going to get the chance to talk to someone into nam at end of month

Comment

It depends if by vietnam you mean full vietnam kit or just OD kit so as to get the general period feel.

If full vietnam then no, if feel of the time then i dont see an issue but hard to tell without further pics.

Comment

it is really as you said to get the feel so I can see if I like it. i cant get any pics because I'm not really any good with computers

Comment

I played a one off nam day last year and there were quite a few people with german od shirts and brit od "lightweights" and they didn't look too out of place at all.

Comment

that last post makes me feel reassured after all the others thanks

Comment

As a 'Nam re enactor. I'd spot you a mile off
                      You'd need '56 US webbing for a start, (not ALICE webbing). The best place if you to find Nam era kit, is to look on a certain website of a fortunate soldier

Comment

those prices are a bit ridiculous arnt they m56 webbing £120 you could get six 58's for that or 2 plce's

Comment

Unfortunately the wont for 'Nam ggear has increased, and as a result, so have the prices. You could try militaria shows, such as 3 counties, kemble, or the war and peace show. There should be plenty of genuine stuff knocking about at a cheaper price

Comment

but still 56 and 58 are basicly the same so why 6 times more?

Comment

Because there aren't as many post world war 2 british army re-enactors.

And as always, demand dictates price

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vantage Find out more about Vantage
                              Working...
                              X