Multicam questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicam questions.

Hi guys, didn't know if this is the correct section to post in, but..

I'm looking for some Multicam clothing, but I'm wondering how effective do you guys think it is in woodland as i manly play at woodland sites

I additionally would like to know how much would i be looking at for...

Multicam Ubac
    Multicam Trousers
    Multicam Platecarrier/molle vest and a webbing system

Second hand preferably to keep the price down.

Thanks,

(If this post is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it!)

Re: Multicam questions.

Multicam is effective in pretty much every environment, so yes it would be suited for woodland.

The cost depends entirely on whether or not you intend on shelling out for genuine crye sets or repro sets!
    A full set of genuine crye can be upwards of £200,
    You've then got licensed products made by Tru-Spec, Proper and Massif (and to an extent heilikon although I'm not sure)
    A full set of Tru-spec would probably cost you £80 or less depending on where you look. I would recommend this group of manufacturers as they're not normally ridiculously over priced and they're more durable than the Chinese copies...
    Finally you have cheap Chinese knock offs there is one set from a certain banned from eBay site which actually has a very close colour match to genuine crye however, from what I've heard it fades quickly. The majority of Chinese stuff I would avoid but you're looking at around max £40 for a set.

Multicam vests are generally about £5-10 more expensive than their 'normal' counterparts. These again range from whether you go real- £300+, high end replica £90+ or cheapo china £40+, I would not ever get a cheap Chinese vest. If your money is tight go for pantac, flyye or even TMC as they all use genuine cordura nylon and will last a lot longer than the low end vests. Obviously nothing beats the likes of real Eagle ind., LBT etc.
    Hope this helps!

*EDIT: second hand stuff go for the obvious eSite as that's where most 'real' gear is available for lower prices

Comment

Thanks, I think Ill try and find some high end replicas. Ill have a scout around. Sadly I don't have bottomless pockets.

Comment

helikon camogram is really nice and doesnt fade and if you dont wanna get a multicam vest look for tan or coyote brown vests as they work really well with it

Comment

I have a pair of Propper Multicam trousers - lasted for two years, no rips at all, no fading from the wash, only a slight faded brownish patch on the knee's where I've knelt in mud. They're fairly comfy, but I normally where some joggers underneath them anyways. I have the multicam boonie by Propper too, it's a bit tight on my melon, and it's a medium. I haven't owned or even tried the coat/shirt thing they do because I have alternatives (that aren't multicam so I wont list them here) but all together those two items cost me around £55. They're great quality. Rig-wise, I would point you in the direction of warrior assault systems - they do some fantastic gear. I have a tan rig from there, but they have a multicam line ranging in price from £75 to around £250. Although if you were willing to simply "make do" with a tan one, then they are very reasonably priced for what you get. Also, with a plain tan one, if you decide to chop and change camo later on, you wont need to buy a new rig! Happy days. A certain Tactical United Kingdom site does them for good prices .
          sigpic

Comment

yeah ive got the whole works in multicam...when i put it all on,it seems too much,i prefer a coyote brown vest,to break it up a bit
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I normally use Helikon multicam trousers with an MTP smock and an OD rig.

I sourced it all from "the bay" for about £100, trousers and rig were new and the smock is grade 1.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                yeah ive got the whole works in multicam...when i put it all on,it seems too much,i prefer a coyote brown vest,to break it up a bit
                Sounds good.

Could go with CT as it would go well with the boots i plan on getting.

Comment

CT do you mean coyote tan....it gets confusing youve got amoung others coyote tan,desert tan, coyote brown....they all go well with multicam...so does olive green which ive recently discovered, very nicely...and olive green goes with black and dpm
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
                  Working...
                  X