• Show
Clear All

Re: pmc type loadout

cheers decktron
    did you mean a list of my gear?

Comment

Something to consider when making a PMC Loadout:

Wearing of camouflage patterns is dependant on local laws, contract regulations and company policy. HTS contractors wore UCP while operating with US Military units (however, other contracts could stipulate that they may not wear camouflage patterns), Multicam is extremely common, etc.

This misinformation stems from the fact KBR personnel were not allowed to wear any clothing remotely military in appearance or with a camouflage pattern in Iraq under their contract with LOGCAP, however despite what some people believe, such regulations are on a contract-by-contract basis and dependant upon local laws, other factors include whether the contract is wholly private (as in a PSC operating for another private company) or a public contract (a PSC operating for a governmental organization)

Comment

so its ok to wear camo pretty much? i went with multicam because i had heard it was one of the few which was commonly used.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostWolf View Post
          Wearing of camouflage patterns is dependant on local laws, contract regulations and company policy.
          Just one question, why is MC so popular? I thought some branches of the US Military wear MC?
          Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Tbh I never saw any americans wearing MC in Afghanistan, our troops do and works so much better then previous camo styles.

As for KBR staff they work within the compounds and are strictly not allowed to wear military clothing as not to get confused or targetted.

Comment

Well, I thought US SF wear MC
              Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

They may well do but I never saw them it was always ACU. When ever we got a visit at our compound in Khandahar they were in ACU set up. UK troops i never saw in anything but MC.

Comment

Someone once put up a copy of the pmc contract. Generally the yanks don't allow camo. Sabre, the pmc who did security at Basra when I left just wore OD coloured combats.
                  Looking at most pics that get published, most PMC's eg aegis wear a corporate look so perhaps a logo'd polo shirt and 5.11/blackhawk/rohan type cargo pants, then boots and rig according to personal taste.
                  The uk SF I saw were in mc, was the first time I saw it
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                    Someone once put up a copy of the pmc contract.
                    Do you still have got it somewhere? Or a link, perhaps? Would love to see that! :D
                    Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I think it was on the Private Security Loadout thread (itself a merger of a couple of other PMC threads).

There was a lot of seemingly reliable information on there, including the US Department of Defence rules for private contractors re: camouflage. That was until the main donor of this information (a user called bangyourdead) was outed as being nothing more than a fantasist. When this happened, he removed all the links to "his" pictures.

Most of the Private Contractor photos I've ever seen show them with, as Snowdrop said, Tan or OG cargo type trousers, black or blue polo shirts (sometimes regular shirts) or flight suits. As for rigs, Omega style rigs and crossdraws seem to be the most common, followed by plate carrier type MOLLE setups.

In general, it seems Private Security Contractors (at least, those on bodyguard or close protection type details) aim to look professional yet practical without being overtly military.
                      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

[IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/50892196950904995824754.jpg/][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

My pmc loadout

Cheers

Jim
                        Last edited by beefthecook; 4 September, 2011, 10:05. Reason: pic wouldnt load
                        My dump bag contains:
                        Glock 17 mag
                        Twinkie
                        Twinkie
                        Cupcake
                        M4 Mag

Comment

what tac vest is that

Comment

It's some kind of armour isn't it?
                            Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                            Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

That's a standard PACA or similar.
                              sigpic
                              Signature removed due to one bearded mans love for another.....

(and Ponies)

Comment

yes just standard ballistic and stab vest, i use it for door work but thought it go's well with a pmc loadout
                                Last edited by beefthecook; 5 September, 2011, 10:22. Reason: spelling mistakes :S
                                My dump bag contains:
                                Glock 17 mag
                                Twinkie
                                Twinkie
                                Cupcake
                                M4 Mag

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aptom i wish i could play airsoft every day. Find out more about aptom
                                Working...
                                X