LAPD beat cop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD beat cop

so ever since I was a little kid, Ive always loved the look of the LAPD or NYPD or other similar style police looks, so Ive decided I want to do one. Im not looking to do a SWAT loadout or anything like that, just plain on the beat cop. Most of it seems easy enough to do, black short sleeve shirt with white vest underneath, black trousers, black boots, what Im stuck with is the following:

Belt rig - what kind of set up? What goes on it? Any idea what the "genuine" set up is?

Badge - any idea where you can get whats possibly the most important/iconic LAPS shield? There used to be loads on eBay but aparantly theyre no longer allowed to be sold on eBay.

Radio - is there a PMR 446 friendly version of the radio they use? Whats the closest lookalike you can get?

Nightstick - obviously these are classed as offensive weapons, so I cant have a real one, but does anyone know if you can get rubber training ones or something similar? Perhaps a LARP nightstick?

Any other hints or tips people may have!

EDIT:

With regards to the belt, Ive just found this incredibly useful picture:

If anyone could ID it I would be sincerely greatful!

Re: LAPD beat cop

You can get little loops called dividers that go in between the pouches to keep them apart they just have snap fasteners .

Just been looking on google and there called keepers

Comment

Those boys also hold the big belt onto the normal belt so your srides down get pullede down. I use them at work.

Comment

Exactly what Tac-medic said. Belt keepers are to fasten the duty-belt to your trouser-belt, in the case of police its to stop folk trying to take your belt off you, and to keep everything stable.

They also have the added benefit of keeping equipment from moving around too much. Personally I have two front and rear...and one each side, for a total of six.

Also CS and pepper spray are off-weps...well category five (5) firearms more accurately...so you'll be wanting an imitation one or a training version, which are loaded with water
        Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
        There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
        sigpic

Comment

I heard the belt kit is made by safariland

Comment

Aye, Ive just been kindly linked to the identical belt, made by Blackhawk, however at nigh on $40 per pouch, I think Ill be passing for the moment!!!

Do you reckon the Viper Duty/Patrol belt set up would be close enough? Can pick them up for about £20 with all the pouches included!

Comment

Viper is the standard for UK police, besides a belt is a belt, so its not that big a deal, its the gear on it
              Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
              There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
              sigpic

Comment

Ideal, no sense in spending a billion dorrahs getting the real deal if I dont have to! Will have to see how many pistol mag pouches I can cram on it, heh. (yes Im aware beat cops probably dont carry more than 2 or 3 spare mags at the most, but Im gonna need more than that!)

so next points:

nightstick and radio, any ideas chaps?

Comment

George Micheal video loadout?

Comment

Plug police belt into the bay and you'll find some nice results.

I'm giving serious consideration to one of the Bianchi ones for my BOPE loadout.

LAPD use the Motorola radios with shoulder mounted speaker/mic. Again, loads of them on the bay.

I'm using a 50cm toy baton with my loadout, currently on the back of my vest, but I'll belt mount it if I get the Bianchi. I tried to find plastic extending or sidehandle batons, but couldn't find one anywhere.

As this most definitely isn't an item any zero one company sells, here's a toy baton that fits the look nicely:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Police-Baton-C...item3cb8476807
                    sigpic

Comment

the radio is a motorola gp1280, the one in the pic is a vhf and is using a "public safety speaker microphone. a cheaper alternitive that looks the same would be either the gp380 or gp680
                      WANTED
                      Mid cap mp5 mags
                      s-arms m4 mags
                      motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Heh, yeah I thought of those. Sadly I really want the side handled classic american "night stick" look. Ive found training models of them, but aparantly even the foam training models are classed as restricted items not for sale to joe public, which is a bit stupid really because theyre "compressed foam around a polycarbonate core" which is... identical to the billions of LARP weapons you can buy no questions asked.

As for the Motorola radios, are there any that are 446 friendly? Or rather, 446 friendly that wont require me to sell a kidney! Though tbh seeing as its probably gonna be sat in a pouch, I could probably get away with using any old radio and getting a shoulder mic and FBI style earpiece for it.

Comment

I've got a pair of rubber coated, wood centre, side handle batons.

I didn't want to risk them, but if they take your fancy you can have one for £10:

sigpic

Comment

no its not prm446 could get one programmed to be but would be a bit naughty
                            WANTED
                            Mid cap mp5 mags
                            s-arms m4 mags
                            motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Ok so thats pretty much everything sourced now :D

Just need the badge now... which is proving damn hard to fine! I swear they used to be all over the internet, but now theyve dissapeared, unless I import a custom made one direct from America at the bargain price of $150... no thanks!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X