ACU over black clothing - Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACU over black clothing - Opinions

Recently changed from british DPM to black kit as i mostly play cqb, however im struggling to find magazine pouches in black (i use a G3) Love my gun so going back to an M4 isnt an option, i can get all the kit i want in black but i'd have to go to a dozen different retailers which would mean spending a fortune on postage

i can however get everything i want from one place as long as i go for ACU instead of black, but i dont want to wear ACU clothing (yes im fussy i know) so my question is this, would ACU pouches look ok worn over black clothing? and can anyone recommend any decent body armour thats available in ACU (i dont want to spend a fortune though)

cheers

Re: ACU over black clothing - Opinions

PM'd
    Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

i'd imagine it'd stand out as its quite light, would think olive drab would be better
      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Well... black plate carriers & stuff looks good ontop of ACU. I imagine it could look good the other way round if done properly.

I have a BULLE ACU plate carrier (no idea what style it is I think its a RICAS?) and I love it to bits. Can pick them up fairly cheap second hand, I got mine from here fully kitted out for £50, ACU seems to have gone out of fashion now everyones going nuts over multicam so you should be able to get some easily, eBay has some bargains too.

Id say get a ACU vest of some sort and a few other little ACU things to complement it, like ACU kneepads if you use kneepads and an ACU cap or helmet cover, just some little things to break up the black so the ACU vest doesnt look swamped in black if that makes sense?

Comment

Have you considered getting some pouches custom made? I can imagine it'd be cheaper than going for a whole new vest
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Look on the bay of e ... :-/

Try a south African assault vest?

Comment

Any colour 7.62 mag pouch, then a bit of black Krylon over the top to darken it, not blacken it completely.

Works a treat and looks quality.

Comment

had a little think and ended up getting a pair of ACU trousers instead of black so im pretty much just mixing the 2 together now! im planning on going for black dropleg dump pouch and dropleg holster with black kneepads (just so my body armour isnt the only black) with ACU pouches on a molle belt and a black watch cap.

the only problem im having is finding an ACU molle belt. any ideas if anybody still makes one? ive tried the bay of e and all ive found are cheap chinasoft versions that look a bit shitty! failing that any thoughts on using a black molle belt with the ACU pouches on?

Comment

in my opinion looks better the other way around

or you could just be silly like this:
                  Last edited by ste887; 18 February, 2012, 02:26.
                  trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sparkie740 Find out more about sparkie740
                  Working...
                  X